• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

8 free 5e adventures!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Back in February, I held a little D&D Next adventure contest. The task was to write a roughly 7,500-word adventure for the newest playtest rules using one of a handful maps kindly provided for the purpose by WotC. The contest was to be judged by Sean K Reynolds, Keith Baker, and Kevin Kulp.

The judges have read all the adventures. They have contemplated, deliberated, and excogitated. And they have arrived at a decision. The winner of the D&D Next Adventure Contest is...

Mind Blast! -- At the roof of the world, an ancient order watches over a vault of enchanted memories. When raiders attack their sanctuary, an unexpected explosion sends the vault spiraling into meltdown. It’s up to the heroes to save the memories… if they can keep their heads! A 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons adventure for 4th level characters. By Will Doyle, with illustrations by Stacey Allan.

Congratulations to Will and to the other contestants! And thank you so much to the three judges!

You are now able to download and play all 8 entries.

Mind Blast! [Level 4] by Will Doyle [WINNER!]
No Quarter [Levels 4-5] by Mike Kuhns
The Dreaming Heralds [Level 1] by Michael Button
The Vile Darkness of VonGlauss Mansion [Levels 5-7] by A.A. Amirault
The Mad Manor of Astabar [Levels 1-3] by David Dudka
The Halfling Horde (Levels 7-9] by James M. Zoshak
The Grand Illusionist's Delusion [Levels 5-8] by Ambrose Ingram
The Golden Bones of Lightwatch Tower [Levels 1-2] by Bernie McCormick

TheHauntedTemple.jpg

Netruic

First Post
Thx Its my first time DMing and i wanna try something really mindblowing to start with, until I get comfortable enough to make my own stories :D

My group of 3 1st level players are currently going through The Mad Manor of Astabar. So far it has been a fun adventure for them to get their feet wet within! We will be on session two of this adventure this Wednesday and it will maybe take one more session after that. So it has provided some nice game time as well.

Douglas Elfrink

First Post
The Mad Manor of Astabar i just ran my group through it and only had to make a few minor changes but it worked out amazingly well. I loved it and it showed to be an excellent challenge for the party for 5e. It left them with near death but still alive and they had an amazing time going through it as a party of 3. What i altered was the poltergeist didn't attack until they hit the attic the imp used suggestion through out the manor while invisible to attempt to get the party members to turn on themselves but never attacked the whole party until the attic. The doppleganger did wait and read the surface thoughts of the party and once they had a chance attempted to get the party to kill the other off claiming they where the fake one. The imp did down a party member solo when one wandered off by using the globe in the masters chamber and fled to the attic.

I suggest using haunt tactics in it have doors close behind the party members and held shut by the poltergeist then when the party fight to open the door they fling open, voices suggest doubt and strife to turn the party against each other which the imp is there to do. Lock them in the house and make it so they feel they are trapped and there is a clock ticking down till dooms day. I love this module.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads