_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took another fighter's (who shall remain nameless) hand, and to see how he went:

Match #1
The hammer quickly ravages the cemetery; redirects the edge of the shield!
The chimera wracks the plain and insanely withers the water; shields against the rolling of the chi!
The thunder demolishes the cemetery; mercilessly defends against the throw of the lily!
The turtle annihilates the volcano; avoids the chaos of the dark sunbeam!
The mantis attacks the pillars; parries the terror of the eyes as it dodges from the drive of the battlements!

5 offensive actions, 0 defensive, 1 sig style, 1 style of the day (turtle)

Match #2
)The onyx monkey tramples the castle; avoids the pain of the scythe!
2)The needle destructively silences the vineyard; leaps on top of the roar of the lava!
3) The manticore fluidly demolishes the heavens; avoids the chaos of the flame!
4)The lizard shouts by the city; absorbs the rolling of the ember!
Used The frog penetrates the wetlands as it ruthlessly decimates the ki; quells the throw of the armor!

The dragon devastates the groto; silences the roar of the ape!
The flawless thunder obliterates the delta; quells the motion of the rain! *used*
The staff insanely scatters the badlands; wards off the quickening of the amphibian!
The owl viciously rends the mountain; parries the stab of the bamboo!
The chopstick obliterates the castle; conceals the chaos of the sunflower!

7/10 moves offensive, 2/3 defensive moves have an adjetive to make them more offensive

Match #3
The avenging mantis shreds the forest; shields the assailment of the root!
The hammer crushes the plain; parries the slash of the soul!
The owl decimates the volcano; quells the edge of the invisible blade!
The rose petal terrifyingly quells the wetlands; leaps over the drive of the fortress!
The dagger easily wounds the plain as it completely sucker punches the heart; dodges the motion of the soul!
The northstar perfectly nails the caves; grasps the punch of the vermin! *yen*
The secret turtle obliterates the wastelands; negates the punch of the willow!

6/7 moves offensive, 1/1 defensive move having an adjetive to make it more offensive, 1 sig style

Match #4
The rat spins across the ravine; protects against the rolling of the canine!
The turtle sucker punches the steppes; reduces the chi of the lily in addition, it wards off the drive of the battlements!
The kama decimates the hells as it aggresively slays the wetlands; parts the roar of the fire!
The blizzard painfully shatters the castle; shreds the energy of the earth!

3/4 moves offensive, 1/1 defensive move

Now, looking at this information, you could say the person using this would be rigging his hands as well, 21/26 moves were clearly offensive, 3 of the 5 defensive moves were using adjetives to make the more defensive verbs into offensive. The person using these hands did not need many sig styles/locations, for he had abiliites that could give him more points with the right moves, however, if you think these hands are probable, than how could you say that mine weren't? Basic Point: Yb! is a game of luck, while some hands might look rigged, the person using this is not one I would call a cheater. Simply under other viewpoints presented here, he very well could be called one.

Edit-Took out any names.

Last edited:

Not necessarily an attack on anyone but evidence, surely if you think these hands were fair and probable why are you so intent on saying that I'm a bass fisher.

And although some people say things like they hold no grudge, do they really mean them if you spend hours looking at my very first fights, which are buried like for over 3 weeks now? Although I do applaud you on the fact that you don't leave much out, except for as the matches look like now it seems 'colored' against my favor.

Edit-more name taking out.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
It was not saying you were a fisher it was merely the statistics, I don't care one way or the other frankly since only the judge can decide who wins.I have used moves I considered awesome and lost to pathetic moves (both IMO).

I will remove the statistics at the beginning if you feel they unfairly colour it, you may well be right on that. I'll leave the fights up there for easy consultation. My goal was to let people form their own conclusions. I don't like telling people what to think.

Yes I have seen your early matches and will agree that they are indeed normal moves nothing spectacular, really those and the random nature of the generator are why I cannot decide. I am sure there are others like me so if you stay you will still find some willing to fight you, I am one of them, since I give people the benefit of the doubt.

Assuming your moves are genuine I congratulate you on your luck and hope some of the *yen* luck rubs off on me.

However you decide I really don't mind and I wish you luck stay or go.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I really don't know if you fish or not. It seemed like you do but given the random nature of YB it is hard to say.

Last edited:

Vanor

First Post
I haven't really looked though the stats and stuff. Because in things like this stats are meaningless.

There isn't enough there to make any sort of meaningfull judgement, 55 moves is stasticly insifigent. Graydoom, you were way out of line posting this stuff here like this.

The guideline for this sort of thing has been spelled out before, and you didn't bother following a single step.

First off you should of emailed him, then emailed Wicht or a couple of the master judges.

Not just post this all on here, especialy something as meaningless as what you did.

Fishing is a problem I'll agree, but this whole thing came off as people looking for either a scape goat or someone to cruisify and frankly it makes me sick.

If I was a moderator I'd delete this post, but seeing how we only have one of those, that won't happen. I just hope your happy with yourself. You've driven away a fighter who may or may not of done anything wrong. But you declaried him guilty loud and clear based on rather faulty evidance.

I'm still lurking and I'm glad that someone other than myself is taking a slightly different stance then (oh, lets say, lets burn the witch! from monty python ;)) Anyhow, regaining a bit more wisdom (and losing a little anger/disappointment that I had before when checking up on the matches and the Hall of Records to see how well I did after barely winning my match against Darkwolf) I realize that I really love my character concepts-for instance Kazz't using a weaker move such as the frog leaps from the heavens to roleplay into something humorous and more fun.

So, since several people I am a 'fisher', all my fights from this day forth until they are convinced elsewise will be generated by a judge or by Reiella or by the Meowthbot when the java feature is fixed as I don't have IRC myself. If anyone has any more doubts or qualms about this please state so.

However, I will continue judging unless people don't want me to do it, since I took up judging originally as protest to several judges not giving any reason whatsoever as to why one person wins the round besides how much they just 'liked' the monkey dancing infront of the pillars or what not. If I even was a 'fisher' what would that have to do with judging? Absolutely notihng. Also, I will refrain from judging matches concerning Kalanyr or Graydoom's fights (and anyone else's) if they do not trust me and do not wish me to.

Edit-And even if I'm not a fisher (using words like these since I won't change anyones minds if they think I'm a liar or somesuch), the damage is already done and people won't want to fight me regardless, so therefore I agree to have judge-genned moves for the rest of my fights if no one else minds me continuing Yb! since I enjoy the game so much.

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
I just read all this...

whoa, Nelly! Must all have happened in one day, mustn't it?

What happened to: e-mail the suspect first?

I honestly don't know whether Sollir was fishing or not; I know that I have had some luck with the generator myself long ago, and I also had bad luck with that bastard. :D

I mean, Wicht won NINE in a row long ago, didn't he? Was he fishing? I don't think so.
But if I had had doubts, I would have asked Wicht privately first.

I honestly don't know if such logging as has happened here is a good idea, because people tend to see what they need in such statistics.
I agree the percentages are quite high. However, to me that doesn't necessarily spell "fishing". It might be luck, after all. There are people out there who win the lottery twice.

If it's clear that a personal message would only lead to denial, then why did we establish that as route of action? Perhaps so that Sollir could have said he generated many of his moves in MeowthBot?

Perhaps Gray was right in his suspicions, and perhaps Jin_Chi was on to something.

However, I will ignore their accusations due to lack of protocol.

As such, it remains that the only fighter I will not fight is Rathan.

Berandor

graydoom

First Post
Sigh.

Vanor and Berandor, to note, I did email Wicht about this. And also, I disagree that 55 moves are not statistically significant. But that's another debate. And I do think now that I should have emailed Sollir first.

Sorry that I posted this, Sollir. I don't hold a grudge, and if you aren't a fisher I'm truly sorry about this.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
*sigh* Next time such an issue comes up, please just e-mail the master judges and the poster in question. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads