D&D 5E A 5e D&D combat simulator website (on steroids)

So would you say this fight, which is with all tested monsters, 8 rounds is way too long? How many rounds do you think the same group of players, same skills, weapons (they only have one +1 item each) they should end it with?

8 rounds really isn't that unreasonable for a fight where multiple PCs drop. Rounds 5 through 8 only have three real participants. The only wonky thing is an eighth level group with no real healing capacities.

I think before I happened to be looking at fights where the group was losing but prolonging the inevitable through healing when a real group would generally run for it or such.

Which ironically means that both too much healing and a complete lack of healing can contribute to unusually long fights (in terms of rounds).

sunrisekid

Explorer
This is amazing, well done and thank you for your service to the community. There is room for improvement for this sort of thing, sure, but it's a damn good start.
I love that importing characters from DNDbeyond is an option. I imported my current party and threw some enemies from our current campaign, then watched the combat sequence. Lots of suboptimal decisions (maybe) but I saw nothing terrible, no absurd actions taken, still decisions that typical players might do. I will revisit the site for sure.
Bravo!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

I like to run battles between monsters on occasion between sessions to try and get an idea how well, for example, a band of duergar might be able to handle a horde of ghasts. Now with this I can do so quickly and easily and even get to see an example of how these fights would play out.

Greggy C

Hero
Lots of suboptimal decisions (maybe) but I saw nothing terrible, no absurd actions taken, still decisions that typical players might do.
Thanks, there are still lots of suboptimal decisions. Once I get most of the spells, class features, and monster traits implemented fully and tweak this and that it will look pretty good. Hopefully one day it will be able to challenge people to a game of DnD chess :)

Remove ads