• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A book no GM should be without!

Doughty247

Explorer
I'm not sure if there has been any posts about this yet, but my phonebook is my new best friend. Before my last adventure I randomly flipped through my phone book & picked out about 30-40 names. I got about 20 men, 10 woman & a handful of couples. No more John Smith, Robert Brown or Jim Jones. How about Chris Montalto, Allison Oppenhagen or Larry & Nancy Spoolstra. Just an idea I thought I'd share with the group.

James

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Let Your Fingers Do The Walking

I love the phone book too :) I've found some really cool names that way over the years. The best was "Malagari", which I gave to my favorite vampire NPC who has appeared in many of my campaigns over the years.

Living in the melting pot that is New York, our phone books provide great names from a variety of cultures. Plus, we have 5 fat phonebooks, one for each borough :)

Most public libraries have collections of phonebooks from other cities as well.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
A friend of mine just recently used the phonebook to find a last name for his italian PC. :)
I laughed, but I admit, if you have a phone book handy...

Doughty247

Explorer
Here's another good site for a random name generator. [/B][/QUOTE]

Great site, thanks for the link. Everyone of these names is an NPC just waiting to be found by my PC's. And the way my players play, they always find them where I don't think they'll go.

James

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads