A bridge (attn. Skarnkai)

graydoom

First Post
"A hammer, even a diamond one, does not do such a good job at penetrating... while a fan is meant to glide. Point and match to the Wanderer."

1 point Wanderer
4 flags Wanderer
Match Wanderer

The judge bows to both of the fighters. "It has been an honor to judge this fight. Orlandu, having lost this fight you now become a Yellow Belt 1. Though you have fallen slightly, you are still strong, and should soon be able to recover your lost rank."

"Wanderer, having defeated a significantly higher ranked fighter, you now gain two ranks. You now must make a choice... the choice of what path you shall walk. You may choose between the path of Honor, the path of the Yakuza, and the path of Money. Additionally, because you have just defeated an honored warrior, you may advance onto the path of Darkness."

"What will your choice be?"

ooc: If you need to look up the rules/powers for some of the paths, just check the YB Rules. If you have any questions about powers or rules, you can ask them now.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
The hooded wanderer stands on the field of battle, breathing heavily but also victorious against a very strong opponent... S/he barely hears the words of the judge, still needing to relax and also to calm down again. After a few minutes that seem to stretch out into an eternity, the hooded wanderer slowly puts the judge's words that still swirl in his/her mind together. Comprehension follows soon, setting the wanderer's weary eyes ablaze with fiery determination - something s/he had not known for years. In a soft voice made rough from a dry throat, s/he whispers to the judge,

"So you say that I now may follow a path - a path that I can choose for myself...?"

The hooded one draws in breath like someone who knows that he is about to drown, and after a moment, exhales forcefully.

[color]"Very well, then. Let's see, which one will I choose - hm... When I think of the example of an honorable warrior that I've met, my stomach turns. I would never want to be like that ogre and also, honor holds no meaning for me, for I have lost everything in this live and clinging to such a ephemeral concept of chivalry seems just silly to me - like a live in a dreamworld. No, thanks.
But then, money doesn't hold much appeal to me, either; it is just a means to an end, and I'd feel even more hollow than now if money was the reason for my actions and even my very being.
Further, I stand alone - I don't want company, and few would want to keep mine.
Thus, the path of the darkness shall guide my life henceforth. Heh. Only fitting, really, for I have lived in shadows for so long that darkness is a very intrinsic part of me..."[/color]

The wanderer in darkness bows deeply before the judge - kneels, even.

"Thank you ever so much for enabling me to once again find purpose in my life, o venerable one. I shall not fail - again..."

[ooc: Big surprise here, neh? :p]

Skarnkai

First Post
*bows deeply to his opponent* You did well in defeating.. I certainly underestimated your... cunning... I caanot say I approve of your ways though. *recovers from his wounds and continues along the path*

graydoom

First Post
The judge looks unsurprised about the wanderer's choice.

"Having made your choice, you are now a Dark Apprentice 1. You gain the powers Foul Spirit, Unholy Warrior, Sneaky Trick, and Signature Style (Fan). Also, remember that from now on you only advance in rank from wins against Honor or Light warriors, and that you gain an extra rank when you defeat a warrior of Light."

The judge bows to both fighters. "May you have luck in your journeys."

Remove ads