• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Chronicle of Ice, Luck and Honour - updated 19th December

Ashy said:
I shall, but I have to play catchup with the SH first!
no problem, so see you soon. :)

i brellin have been cut off from the net (my little brother and mother fried the cumputer monater) but i stoped in to post.
i spider give you my sympathy. I don't get how people can kill computers so quickly - it's a mystery. sigh.

Well, update coming soon!

spider

Interlude Number Eight: A Tale of Servitude

Gruulth strode through the gatehouse, the inky night greeting him as he left Ilinvur town. Onyx crouched motionless, its eyes, all of them, trained on the long hawk-like walk of the necromancer. Both fit easily into the sickly moonlight.

Gruulth came to a halt and gave a glance of recognition at the machine beast before him. His face rose quickly into a snarl.

"Where is Arkella?" demanded Gruulth, "I will not talk to a pack of monstrosities."

"She is busy," croaked the voice of Onyx.

"She is not," replied Gruulth venomously.

A second past, then one of the Onyx stepped forwards.

"My apologies Sir Gruulth, I have been delayed."

"I see," answered Gruulth, "So what task do you run on now that the staff is in my possession?"

"Whatever you please" hissed the beast.

"Exactly, so tidy up whatever you have got yourself into and listen," said Gruulth, "scout westwards and clear any threats. Our way mustn't be blocked. We've been held back too long already. My master doesn't wait and after all this I must still get to Tilverton."

"Yes."

"Take who you need."

"I need nobody," growled Onyx with defiance.

"Good, then leave."

Onyx withdrew immediately and loped into the shadows, their whirring joints eventually whispering to silence.

Gruulth waited. He savoured the complete isolation of the darkness, though the occasional cry could be heard from the town behind him. But before him stretched a gulf of unknown, at least until the sun lit everything in a sickly light.

With these thoughts he turned and sunk into the shadows of the Ilinvur walls.

Far off, a deep baying of wolves awoke the night and the residents of Ilinvur pulled their sheets a little closer about them.

Funeris

First Post
Nice update as always Spider!

Just wondering...and I guess I could skip back thru your posts to check...but eh...I'm pretty busy at work today...so, I'll just ask......have you set up a Rogue's thread for this Story Hour?? I'd love to see the stats on Onyx...it's a great idea...and one I'd love to steal and throw at my own PCs :D

~Fune

Funeris said:
cuz the spider got quiet.

You would not believe the week I've just had. Seriously. One of those aligning-of-the-planets moments. But... that has passed and now I can get back on with this.

(drumroll)...... Update tomorrow!

Spider.

Funeris

First Post
Spider_Jerusalem said:
You would not believe the week I've just had. Seriously. One of those aligning-of-the-planets moments. But... that has passed and now I can get back on with this.

(drumroll)...... Update tomorrow!

Well, its tomorrow...and only for another fourty minutes. ;) But, hey S-J, if you waited until 12:01, you'd be updating on my birthday. And I would just love that kind of present! Really, creativity (and hopefully evil goodness I can borrow for my own games) is the gift that keeps on giving. :D

By aligning-of-the-planets...did you mean in a bad way like when Cthulhu awakens or in a good way like when you find that the arcane energy flowing through your veins spikes to the level of a god? Just curious.

~Fune

Palskane said:
Great! Been looking forward to an update. This SH rocks! Keep up the good work, SpiderJ.
Thanks Palskane, these few chapters that we are knee deep in have been quite tough to write up, but onwards and upwards. Your support really helps!

Funeris said:
Well, its tomorrow...and only for another fourty minutes. But, hey S-J, if you waited until 12:01, you'd be updating on my birthday. And I would just love that kind of present! Really, creativity (and hopefully evil goodness I can borrow for my own games) is the gift that keeps on giving.

By aligning-of-the-planets...did you mean in a bad way like when Cthulhu awakens or in a good way like when you find that the arcane energy flowing through your veins spikes to the level of a god? Just curious.
Well well. Happy Birthday Funeris! (spider brings in a cobweb-encrusted cake) Of course I can delay the next post, in fact I've gone back over it for a swift re-tinker of a few parts, so update in the next couple of hours as I toil to make you guys happy. :)

And the aligning-of-the-planets was a bad day. Perhaps I was being dramatic, but it as at least a small asteroid shower with accompanying aurora. The less I speak of it the better. Grrr Hiss Snarl.

brellin said:
After my long (forced) break I once again have internet in my house .
So now I must get up to date on storyhours
Welcome back brellin! you're just in time for a long-awaited update. Hope that cable doesn't snap this time, because Thalin, Milo and Torious are about to enter a whole world of pain...]

Yours with a bag of arachnids,

Spider.

Last edited:

Remove ads