• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Clockwork Soul - the Aulos

Chronologist

First Post
Well, warforged were designed for battle, and yet the have the potential to be made out of WOOD. I figure, if you're willing to accept the idea that, then a living construct not made of metal makes perfect sense to me.

There's Glass Golems, for goodness sake. Glass Golems. Somebody, somewhere thought it would be a good idea to make a guardian out of GLASS. I see no reason why Carbon would be out of the question. That said, I figure some DMs would disallow that, limiting players to the metallic skins, and that okay with me. The whole point of having several options for the skins is for player choice, and also for the DM to limit what kind of Aulos fit his world.

The idea of thugs killing and looting Aulos is a great idea! Maybe Aulos criminals are smelted instead of burned to death? I don't see hanging being very effective.

As it is, I kind of like the DR 1/- option for the race above anything else. it's pretty good overall, and it benefits the character regardless of class. If I could add anything to the race, it might be A +2 to any craft, knowledge, or profession skill of their choice and making that skill always a class skill, to show their knack for various sciences or jobs. They are based on the Muses, after all, which range from craftsmanship to astronomy, not just skills associated with Perform.

So far I'm very happy with the race. Thank you all for your advice! I'm looking forward to making the Aulos race something that can be included in any Pathfinder game, not just my mine.

dragonis111

First Post
Hey chrono, also If you can find the stats for it from 4th edition, Orium as a metal choice is pretty cool, as it is a metal that amplifies magic but since it is unpure it slowly poisons the mind of the user over time, unless said person finds the long lost technique for purifying it!

Remove ads