A Competition?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll buy a bunch of books from the EN World shop for the winner of a competition if we can come up with a good one. It'll make for good publicity, and I'll give it a big news announcement.

I'd suggest making it a biggie - I'll provide $50+ (ish) worth of prizes if the competition itself is cool enough. What do you think?

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Competition? Hell make stats on the patrons and fiendlords with pictures! The ones who come up with it get the goodies!

I honestly think that a competition would be a hard thing to do now. We've reached the point where just adding new stuff becomes hard; we have to flesh out what we already have, and people have to devote to doing it. If we have a competition, it'd have to be something small. Maybe NPCs, or adventure hooks or mini adventures. Nothing like patrons--those should be the work of devoted members of the DF group.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
The Burned Man said:
Has the picture of the Pale Lord been set up on the webpage?

no it hasn't...email me bd_92@yahoo.com and i will put it up there.

now that brings up a good point: ARTWORK! I would love to see some artwork for the setting be done! Now if you want a contest where the people aren't going to 'interfere' with the setting too much and contribute allot, then art is where we are lacking severely. How's that sound?

That sounds quite cool, but what type of artwork would we ask for? Would we have a list of images we'd like, or just general topics that need to be covered, or will it be a free for all?

I'm afraid of a free for all. We'd end up getting stuff like, "This is a drawing of the seven harem girls of the demon warlord Bob," or "This is a warrior working for the Lord of Blades. See, he has three metal claws on each hand. He goes by the codename, Wolverine."

Maybe I'm just pessimistic when it comes to fanboys and art.

MythandLore

First Post
Morrus said:
I'll buy a bunch of books from the EN World shop for the winner of a competition if we can come up with a good one. It'll make for good publicity, and I'll give it a big news announcement.

I'd suggest making it a biggie - I'll provide $50+ (ish) worth of prizes if the competition itself is cool enough. What do you think?
I think if you time it right the prize could be like the Epic Handbook and another splat book, that could be a big draw of people.
RangerWickett said:

We'd end up getting stuff like, "This is a drawing of the seven harem girls of the demon warlord Bob,"

or

"This is a warrior working for the Lord of Blades. See, he has three metal claws on each hand. He goes by the codename, Wolverine."
LOL!!!

Art would be good but if everyone does the same thing that's a lot of wasted art, and if everyone does diffrent stuff you could get a lot of things as mentioned above.
If you do pick art as it your going to have to find a balance for the Competition or you'll end up with a lot of waste, not to say you wouldn't in with other competition ideas.

RangerWickett said:
I honestly think that a competition would be a hard thing to do now. We've reached the point where just adding new stuff becomes hard; we have to flesh out what we already have, and people have to devote to doing it.
Yeah I agree, you guys already seem to have the main stuff down.
RangerWickett said:
If we have a competition, it'd have to be something small. Maybe NPCs, or adventure hooks or mini adventures. Nothing like patrons--those should be the work of devoted members of the DF group.
I think NPC's or small encounters like you said would probably be best.
Like NPCs X level or lower or Encounters CR X or lower or a combanation of both and make them kinda generic so they can be pluged in anywhere in the setting.

Darraketh

First Post
Brainstorming approach with caution!

Maybe this is too difficult logistically but how about a contest for someone's reading of our Flash intro script.

We could still show the intro with and without vocals.

I think it would be cool to find someone whose voice and reading can set the tone like James Earl Jones, Patrick Stewart, or Cartman depending on the tone you were setting.

Two ways to do it. Online or at an event. The latter you have more control over quality. But the fomer may yield more participants.

I have a pretty good idea of how to pull this off.

As always please comment.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
maps of the city? another user already commented on that we need them. Wouldn't be all too bad to have peeople draw maps based on the setting.

Remove ads