• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E A Couple Concentration Options

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Using Tasha's Metamagic Adept feat would be a way for other casters to gain access to it, but very limited, if it was made into a metamagic.

With the MA feat, and only two Sorcerer points, the spells you could also apply it to would be very limited for other casters, but Sorcerers wouldn't have that limitation.
Sorcerers getting the superior version as a class feature, and other casters needing to spend a feat on an inferior version, is enough of a net buff to sorcerers for me.

Horwath

Legend
I would go with combined spell levels.

You can concentrate on a number of spell levels equal to your highest level spell slot available.

I.E. 5th level caster could have 3 level 1 spells, or one level 1 spell plus one level 2 spell. Or just single level 3 spell.

If you fail Con save, you lose all spells.

Stalker0

Legend
I would go with combined spell levels.

You can concentrate on a number of spell levels equal to your highest level spell slot available.

I.E. 5th level caster could have 3 level 1 spells, or one level 1 spell plus one level 2 spell. Or just single level 3 spell.

If you fail Con save, you lose all spells.
This was a houserule I myself tried before settling on the rule I mentioned above. Ultimately I found it a bit fiddly, and it scales too much for my tastes at higher levels. When you hit that 6th level mark and you can start concentration on 3 or even 4 spells at once it can lead to the potential for more abusive combos...and its harder to track.

Remove ads