• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A curse

Kallikrates

First Post
I whole-heartedly agree that everyone has their own personal opinion.
We all have our own personal scenarios and problems.

I say this to you John since MSN isn't working for you...or maybe you're blocking me...
But anyway...Maybe it is time you sit back and relax. Try to regather you mentality.

That's why I'm 'retired' because of a, for lack of a better phrase, a five-front war.
With the least of my problems being horribly lacking in funds to get me through the summer semester of college.

I don't know why I'm rambling..but eh...Well...back to war! :/

Last edited:

Thamior

First Post
Wow, this thing is getting waaaay outta hand. I'm not taking sides, I've been here a fair amount of time but I still lurk and whine on occasion, a free speach type of right no?
Seriously folks, relax, and remember this joke
How come 2pac has been dead 10 years... and still puts out better albums then Justin Timberlake?
So chuckle ya'll and relax, it's a game

Krystal said:
Wow. Would you guys listen to yourselves for just a moment?

While I'll admit that constantly seeing threads from the same person with the same general theme can be annoying, you guys really take the cake!

There's nothing saying you have to respond, and that if you DO respond you have to be so negative and look-down-your-nose about it. Listen to what you're saying, people. Every time someone speaks out, it doesn't matter who it is, I see the same people chime in and go:

"Oh, well the world doesn't revolve around you."
"Oh, things are fine in xyz" (read: "Things are fine in my own little world / clique").
"Oh, it's not us, it's YOU."
"Oh, stop your whining already, would you?"

Do you HAVE to be so damned negative? It's no wonder why people don't want to play here anymore, that's all I ever see! I've never seen it quite this bad, and yes, I'll pull the veteran card out, I've been here a lot longer than a good majority of you.

I remember days when my main character felt she could talk to just about anyone. I remember days when storylines were actually creative, and not the same old "whoa is me, I need a lover" type. When you could walk into the tavern and see people chatting about the weather, plans, events, etc instead of kissing, fondling, oogling, etc.

This is why the supposed "good" players leave. Because we're sick of listening to you all circle around individuals and point the finger, call them names, insult them, etc. Because of YOUR negativity.

You all disgust me.

THANK YOU! Seriously though, a lot of my posts are just trying to address problems, like the start of this one. I really don't understand why people keep bashing me for some of my thoughts and stuff. Really though, everyone seems to attack me and I don't know why really. Anyway I would just like to note two things. One being the fact that everyone is complaining that I complain too much. I'd like most of you to really think about that. I complained a lot, yes, I know that. I was goin' through a hard time just like everyone does sometimes. But so do all of you, and I am constantly having people asking me about their problems, but do I ever say that you complain about things to much? No. I try and help you all the time without insulting or sarcastically replying to you. I never complain about you people, also, if you don't like reading the posts and think that they are too stupid, then either don't post about that or don't read them. I suppose that is all, and I feel exactly as Krystal has said, thanks for -someone- to actually realize what happens to me on here, any post I do write gets criticized.

Deirdre

First Post
I don't recommend a retirement or break. Saying that sort of implies he is or has done something wrong or unrecoverable from. I just hope maybe a new approach can be taken. You know, see him in the rooms and not in the lounge.

John, I personally don't want to see you leave the site. I think you can provide something valuable. We just need to help you (and ourselves) get over this hurdle of differing opinions and frustration.

We're not bashing you (at least that isn't my intention). We're trying to help you, but it gets received wrong as a personal attack.

Last edited:

Kallikrates

First Post
Heh...I don't insinuate he did anything wrong either.

I'm just saying that if his real is so bothersome maybe he should focus on that before this somewhat crazy place. I admit...I bring much of the craziness! :p

Xanto

First Post
John a.k.a Sir D said:
THANK YOU! Seriously though, a lot of my posts are just trying to address problems, like the start of this one. I really don't understand why people keep bashing me for some of my thoughts and stuff. Really though, everyone seems to attack me and I don't know why really. Anyway I would just like to note two things. One being the fact that everyone is complaining that I complain too much. I'd like most of you to really think about that. I complained a lot, yes, I know that. I was goin' through a hard time just like everyone does sometimes. But so do all of you, and I am constantly having people asking me about their problems, but do I ever say that you complain about things to much? No. I try and help you all the time without insulting or sarcastically replying to you. I never complain about you people, also, if you don't like reading the posts and think that they are too stupid, then either don't post about that or don't read them. I suppose that is all, and I feel exactly as Krystal has said, thanks for -someone- to actually realize what happens to me on here, any post I do write gets criticized.

I think everyone stated clearly why they 'attack' you. But if you choose to ignore it then that's your business. I'm done here, it's getting no where obviously.

Deirdre

First Post
Kallikrates said:
Heh...I don't insinuate he did anything wrong either.

I'm just saying that if his real is so bothersome maybe he should focus on that before this somewhat crazy place. I admit...I bring much of the craziness! :p

I realized that I worded that post terribly wrong. I think you're just faster then my skills to retype something.

You're giving good advice. I just didn't want it to get seen as you telling him to leave, because it seems to be the new trend associated with our advice. That we're all saying, "Leave, leave, leave" instead of, "Recognize the problems and react accordingly to them".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads