A Dozen General RPG Podcasts

I was looking for some podcasts to add to my weekly dogwalking routine, mainly general RPG ones (as opposed to those which talk about a single game) to expand my horizons a little. I asked about on social media and other places and got these suggestions. I figured I'd share the list for those also looking for some general RPG podcasts to try out. And yes, there's only 11, not a dozen.

one-shotpodcast.png

One Shot Podcast. "One Shot is a podcast dedicated to role playing games and the fascinating narratives that evolve out of them. every month, Game Master James D’Amato will guide a new group of players through a different one shot adventure."

header-bar-system-mastery2.jpg

System Mastery. "Two guys and occasional guests review old roleplaying games."

smartparty15.jpg

The Smart Party
. "Kindly referred to as the Radcliffe and Maconie of the roleplaying world, Baz and Gaz present the UK's premier RPG podcast What Would The Smart Party Do?"

grognard-logo-send.jpg

The GROGNARD Files
. "Runequest, Traveller, Call of Cthulhu, T&T, AD&D and others from back in the day and today."

170x170bb.jpg

Gnome Stew's Gnomecast
. "The Gnomecast is a podcast where we talk with gnomes about gnome things and avoid becoming part of the stew. It should be noted that gnomes appearing on the show are doing so totally voluntary. They are not being forced to be here at all at the cost of being ingredients for the pot."

170x170bb.jpg

Fear the Boot. "Fear the Boot is an irreverent, round table discussion of tabletop role playing games. In this weekly show we debate game-related issues, offer advice for improving your game, and poke fun at the hobby. Our cast changes a little from show to show, but we always assemble a group of dynamic individuals with divergent views, guaranteeing you will hear several perspectives on everything we discuss."

kartas.png

Ken & Robin Talk About Stuff
. "Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff is the podcast of authors and game designers Kenneth Hite and Robin D. Laws. Stuff talked about includes hobby gaming, history, occultism, chrono-travel, food, cinema, narrative, art, politics, food, maps, Cthulhiana, and in fact any matter subject to jocular yet penetrating erudition."

copy-of-copy-of-the-rolistes-logo-copy.jpg

The Rolistes Podcast. "Your London based tabletop RPG podcast! Discussing games, life in London, life as expats, food, movies and other geek stuff."

HJBlackLogo-e1492839781968.png

Happy Jack's RPG. "Happy Jacks has been combining beer, tabletop RPGs and humor to create high quality content since 2009. We’ve assembled a diverse cast of seasoned entertainers, tabletop RPG experts, and nerds to bring you some of the most engaging tabletop content out there."

header.jpg

The Redacted Files. "TRF is an Actual Play podcast focused on having fun playing all the systems we can get our hands on. We release new episodes every Sunday!"

swordnutradio2.jpg

Swordnut Radio
. "Tabletop RPG podcast. Actual Play D&D, Dark Heresy, Star Wars EotE & oneshots and general RPG chat."

Gehrigan

Explorer
Critical Hit by Major Spoilers Network feed [or Critical Hit with d20 symbol] is an awesome podcast. Their current off-season game Pathfinder [Weird West] is one of my favourite adventures to listen to.

Gehrigan

Although "One shot" is fairly reliable live play sessions, my "go to podcasts" tend to be about game design, or game master advice. If you're into the Indie gaming scene, then I suggest you check out the Gauntlet podcasts. They're are really informative, with news and interviews, and lots of GM and system advice. The hosts are relaxed and passionate if that makes any sense. But my gateway drug in gaming podcasts came from Misdirected Mark podcasts. I just love those, because they deep dive one theme per week.

Caerin

First Post
The Campaign Podcast (included with the the image up there with the One Shot Podcast) is also pretty great- actual play FFG Star Wars. So there's a dozen. ;)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases