• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A few feats and a lack of higher ideas. Your thoughts?

CerberusAOD

First Post
There are three animal gods (Haquael the jackal, Zeilu the bear, Boza the antelope--yes, the first is random and the last two are anagrams), but they aren't really gods. That doesn't matter one bit to the characers, though, as they don't know that, and the last time one of these 'gods' tried to give the truth to their followers, those they told it to were executed as heretics.
Devout servants of these gods gain properties from them, culminating in the ability to transform as a were-creature (I haven't decided the restrictions--full moon, day of prayer, etc.--it needs to be flexible, but still meaningful). As such, classes just don't fit well, as ti isn't really about training. Feats, I believe, fit best, as they do represent taking time for one's not-quite-deity at the exclusion of other activites (notably, learning other feats).

True Faith [GENERAL]
Catch-all feat, with stuff from each god, about equal to the +2/+2 skill feats (in several cases, it will be another +2/+2 skill feat).

Haquael's Nose [GENERAL]
Prerequisite: True Faith (Haquael).
Benefit: You gain the scent ability (MM 3.0, pg <willchecklater>).
Special: Should you also take Track, you gain a +5 racial bonus to survival checks while tracking.

Zeilu 's Brawn [GENERAL]
Prerequisites: True Faith (Zeilu), Con 11+, Wis 11+.
Benefit: You gain a +4 competence bonus to strength checks, and may halve any penalties or ability damage to strength (1/2 points will be recorded and added together).

Boza's Furor [GENERAL]
Prerequisites: True Faith (Boza), BAB +4.
Benefit: When charging without a reach weapon, you deal double damage.

I have others I'm pretty sure are fine (most can be matched with other published feats and minor class abilities). These are the odd ones.

Also, any good ideas on how to make a small feat chain for were-critters? I can't, in my eyes, get a balance for it right.

Last edited:

Remove ads