A few questions about starship design.

Vampifan

Explorer
Having designed the characters I need for my NEW campaign, I have turned my attention to creating a starship for them - a Class IV Scout. First of all, let me say what a great resource the Starship Builder download is. It takes all the hard work out of the design process. :cool:

I have the Starship Construction Manual (another excellent resource) but have a few questions I'd like to raise about it and the Starship Builder program.

First up is Cloaking Devices. I want to fit one to my starship. No problem there. But, what exactly does a cloaking device do in game turns? There is nothing written about them other than a list of different cloaking devices. Clarification, please?

Secondly, regarding the Starship Builder program, there is no function for adding landing capability or ramming functions. Yes, I could work them out myself but it would be better (quicker) if the program did it for me. I want my scout ship to have landing function.

Thirdly, escape pods. In the table it says one escape pod holds one occupant but in the text description it says it holds two occupants. Which is right? I'm assuming the table is right.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cloaking devices hide the ship. The section on Starship Sensors (pg. 214 in the hardcover) describes that.

That Starship Builder app isn't perfect (I didn't code it myself) -- I don't believe the developer intends to alter it any further, I'm afraid. I have the ability to add new data (as in add to the components in the various lists) but not new component types.

Escape pods - yeah, use the table.

Remove ads