• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E A HALF-ORC Barbarian can combine BRUTAL CRITICAL and Savage Attacks on critical?

Fralex

Explorer
That sounds more fun than not stacking them, so I'm just gonna say "yes." As far as I can tell nothing specifically says they don't.

GreenTengu

Adventurer
Sure. Both effects do the same thing, but they add together rather than multiply so it isn't even a particularly interesting thing.

Now, if you wanted to get nasty-- see if you can find an ability that can allow you to get criticals twice as often (on 19 and 20). Mix that with these abilities and you've really got something nasty.

Dausuul

Legend
Sure. Both effects do the same thing, but they add together rather than multiply so it isn't even a particularly interesting thing.

Now, if you wanted to get nasty-- see if you can find an ability that can allow you to get criticals twice as often (on 19 and 20). Mix that with these abilities and you've really got something nasty.

Multiclass into champion fighter.

Urbanmech

Explorer
Why multiclass when you can use Reckless Attack to gain advantage on every attack? Granted you can stack both effects, but a 3 level fighter dip at high levels doesn't seem worth the effort.

Why multiclass when you can use Reckless Attack to gain advantage on every attack? Granted you can stack both effects, but a 3 level fighter dip at high levels doesn't seem worth the effort.
To be fair, that first level of fighter can net you a useful fighting style, and the whole thing synergizes pretty well with Action Surge as well.

Urbanmech

Explorer
Very true. Though I think dipping fighter early is a trap that really delays your second attack. Plus if we are considering Reckless Attack that means you aren't picking up the fighter levels till the early teens. I love that 5e multiclassing requires some difficult choices. Unlike 3e where if you co

Very true. Though I think dipping fighter early is a trap that really delays your second attack. Plus if we are considering Reckless Attack that means you aren't picking up the fighter levels till the early teens. I love that 5e multiclassing requires some difficult choices. Unlike 3e where if you co
--uld annoy the heck out of your DM by dipping into some other corner-case PrC at every level.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads