• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A hard decision at the game table

S'mon

Legend
Hey there, sounds rough, but have you thought about talking to the assisted living center and seeing if they will host the game? Explain to them that their client likes to play and that she can't physically make the trip anymore, so you want to bring the game to her. They should be able to provide a table and chairs.

When my grandmother was in assisted living they did something similar for her. They let her bridge group play on the premises. Of course, that was Eskaton, and they were really good as far as trying to make their clients happy, don't know who she is with or what their attitude is, but it couldn't hurt to ask. Best of luck to you,

Dan / Athos

Sounds like good advice to me.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Any Star Buck's, Barnes & Noble, Burger King, or library that would have space? Some of those regularly have chess or magic groups or sporadic groups of other gamers. A lot of those will have areas with couches and tables, as well as accessible bathrooms.

Have some relatives who've just finally gotten to the stage where they'll use wheel chairs once in a while when its obvious to them they're helpful. If the assisted living community has one that might make any of those locations easier as well.

Hard truth: Insurance companies don't lose money.
That doesn't mean that they don't lose money on each and every individual policy. The whole insurance business is predicated on the notion that you lose money on some policies, but you make more than enough on most of the others to come out ahead.
Greenfield said:
If they pay the claim, with or without court action, they raise my rates and I end up paying it back forever more. And while higher insurance rates won't exactly break me, I'm only insured for up to X dollars in damages. Injury claims can easily exceed that, in which case I have to pay the difference.

And that will break me.
I'm still curious where you get this idea that her insurance company will sue you, and that that's a given. While I'm not going to say that something like that has never happened, it's hardly so commonplace that people run around worrying about it on a daily basis.

Like I said, you might want to research that particular claim before deciding what to do. Frankly, I think your worries are significantly overstated.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads