• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) A Level Up mage NPC (note spells as actions!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.14.28 AM.png

Stalker0

Legend
Hmm looks like hypnotic pattern got a small nerf, it’s a 10 foot sphere area instead of a 30 ft cube. I’m a fan of that, HP is a really really good spell right now

Having the description of combat-use spells in the stat block is so useful!!
Also, nice change to counterspell!
Just to be clear: does the spell cast as a reaction (up to half original spell level) consume spell slots as normal?

Stalker0

Legend
One oddity. Cone of cold has a dc of 17. Intentional? (Some kind of spell focus esque thing) or misprint?

As a note I hope I’m not sounding too negative with some of these previews, just putting in some last minute editing reviews in case I am seeing an actual typo and not intended mechanics

Faolyn

(she/her)
I realize you don't want to make too many changes to the base NPC for the variants, but should that illusionist and necromancer be switching out a few other spells as well? Exchanging dimension door for phantasmal killer or identify for cause fear?

I realize you don't want to make too many changes to the base NPC for the variants, but should that illusionist and necromancer be switching out a few other spells as well? Exchanging dimension door for phantasmal killer or identify for cause fear?
this^^^ Even if it was just in the spell list, not as the full detail of the spell. Alt lists are very nice, even just to save though thought energy and go straight to spell finding.

Stalker0

Legend
this^^^ Even if it was just in the spell list, not as the full detail of the spell. Alt lists are very nice, even just to save though thought energy and go straight to spell finding.
no villainous wizard should be without d door. I mean how else do you do your villainous retreat complete with maniacal laugh?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads