Resource icon

Homebrew A Leveled Up Bestiary - Book 1 1

No permission to download

Waller

Legend
She can’t charge for this directly for copyright reasons, but you can support her here! https://ko-fi.com/faolyn

I personally donated $21, which would about cover her cut if she could sell it on DTRPG for $0.10/page.
Copyright laws don't care about the price of your product (that just helps determine the damages). Just whether you have the rights to distribute (the copyright). You can't give Mickey Mouse away for free.

Though if they did care abut the price, raising money on their behalf would jeopardise them, not help them. You're not cleverly 'circumventing' anything by doing this--you're just providing evidence of damages. I promise you they've seen it all before. This is not a good idea. I encourage you to stop this lest you harm Faolyn. Lawyers can read the internet.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Copyright laws don't care about the price of your product (that just helps determine the damages). Just whether you have the rights to distribute (the copyright). You can't give Mickey Mouse away for free.

Though if they did care abut the price, raising money on their behalf would jeopardise them, not help them. You're not cleverly 'circumventing' anything by doing this--you're just providing evidence of damages. I promise you they've seen it all before. This is not a good idea. I encourage you to stop this lest you harm Faolyn. Lawyers can read the internet.
Thank you for the info, and thanks, Xiphumor, for trying to help--I appreciate you both!

Remove ads