D&D 5E A lich just did something to me and I am not sure what happened. Can someone please explain to me?

Leucis Deceit

Villager
So we were in a Netherese City and basically a lich froze me, chipped my neck with a dagger and made a drop of my blood float, drained life from me and I fell unconscious. I somehow have survived. What the hell happened?

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
So we were in a Netherese City and basically a lich froze me, chipped my neck with a dagger and made a drop of my blood float, drained life from me and I fell unconscious. I somehow have survived. What the hell happened?
Mechanically? No idea.

Narratively? Your DM just made your character's life significantly more interesting.

The question now becomes, what do you intend to do?

Leucis Deceit

Villager
Mechanically? No idea.

Narratively? Your DM just made your character's life significantly more interesting.

The question now becomes, what do you intend to do?
I do not know. I am blind at the moment, my party members think I am dead and I fell underground through unsolid rock and am feeling "Something squishy & crunchy" underneath me.

aco175

Legend
Sounds like there is a plan the DM has for your player that is going to be reveled, but nobody knows about it. That's the problem. You should feel free to ask the DM about your PC and if he is all White Walker and you now have no control, or if there is some sort of save you can make to break an enchantment or something. Maybe you can play a temp PC until the party finds your guy and can save the day. Unless the DM has a reason, he should be able to tell you how long to expect to be there since it does suck to show up and not be able to play.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Is this happening literally right now? Like, you’re in the middle of the game, posting here to figure out what happened since your character is unconscious and can’t act?

Stormonu

Legend
Are you sure you survived?

That sounds like the old Necromancy classic first, I kill you....

MarkB

Legend

I do not know. I am blind at the moment, my party members think I am dead and I fell underground through unsolid rock and am feeling "Something squishy & crunchy" underneath me.
One possibility you'll at least have to consider is that your character is not, in fact, alive, and this is some form of afterlife stuff.

Remove ads