D&D 5E A lich just did something to me and I am not sure what happened. Can someone please explain to me?

Your DM seems to be doing something custom and specific to the campaign.
That said, I vote that the lich is planning to take over your body with a ritual.

"Can someone please explain"?

Yes, there is almost certainly exactly one person in the world who can explain it, and that is the Dungeon Master of your campaign. The question is when and under what circumstances they will explain it.

Quickleaf

Legend
Congrats on being selected to be the lich's new living phylactery!

Outstanding job. This means you get to stay alive. It also means they'll probably charm, petrify, time stop you...

Leucis Deceit

Villager
Ok so it turns out it was just pitch black (still is) and I spent hours in darkness in what seems to be an underground catacombs which in every direction leads back to the same wall. There is gooey undead things crawling on the ground (I am a paladin and sensed undead all around me) and if I was still for too long stuff would begin crawling up my legs. I prayed for any god to save me and a small light appeared. I am a bit worried I have signed myself up for a pact with a devil or something so I am extremely nervous.

If a "pact with the devil" is not voluntary then it is null.

It would be horrible if the lich had cursed you to be a "sleeping agent" but something like this should be detected with a "read magic". What if to enter in a zone of "dead magic" to null the possible effect? What if your PC drinks holy water?

Remove ads