A Look at the Duerger: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Preview

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
But yeah, the Derro are a strange bunch that step on the toes of the Duergar's fluff (exiled god, tortured by Illithid in the underdark). One thing I like of them is the fact that the whole race is born mad. Inherent madness hobbles them, but they still have a functional society; that's interesting.

Originally, the derro were a hybrid race ("a degenerate race of dwarf-like stature, possibly a cross between evil humans and dwarves"). In Greyhawk, they were created by the ancient Suloise people as a slave-race (as per Dragon 241).

shamurai7

Banned
Banned
There other video showcased their new transgender pandering elf race. An elf they said that is soooo blessed by corellon that they can each day choose to sprout a penis or vacuum it back into a vagina. The dev goes way overboard to make them seem superior to all the other elfs on account of this.
Thanks a lot dev for making the first official content i will not allow in my games.
We had the changeling in 4e...that was great and at least made sense. This is just stupid obvious pandering and agenda pushing. They are totally losing my support with this :):):):).

This sort of bigoted language is not welcome here. You'll be leaving us. - Morrus
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

shamurai7

Banned
Banned
Reported.

By a CapnZapp lol....your name alone speaks volumes. Please take a break and go to your safespace. I broke no site rules.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong ... - Morrus (courtesy of Luke Skywalker).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm actually quite fond of duerger (is that a typo or the new official plural? It looks right given that it's einherjar/einherjer...). Apart from being one of the 1e races that were likely to have psionic powers, they make really good villains. They're the definition of bleakness. While I don't usually care about alignments, their society really showcases what 'lawful evil' means.

I did notice that one of the "clan traits" listed on that page is "your clan are masters of psionics". So duerger/duergar still have a psionic connection in this book.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There other video showcased their new transgender pandering elf race. An elf they said that is soooo blessed by corellon that they can each day choose to sprout a penis or vacuum it back into a vagina. The dev goes way overboard to make them seem superior to all the other elfs on account of this.
Thanks a lot dev for making the first official content i will not allow in my games.
We had the changeling in 4e...that was great and at least made sense. This is just stupid obvious pandering and agenda pushing. They are totally losing my support with this :):):):).

Bye bye. Enjoy yourself on whatever bigoted forum you end up on. You're not welcome here.

pogre

Legend
What we need for the Duergar is a pair of minis - one regular sized and one to represent the enlarged Duergar. Make that three minis - we also need a clear plastic one to represent an invisible Duergar.

Somebody get Reaper and/or WizKidz on the line!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases