D&D General A Mate put A Deck of Many Things in A Dragons Horde figuring his Pcs wouldn't risk it, 1 did and now his 5 players are all playing future kings

JMISBEST

Explorer
Another mate of mine that GM's Dnd has got a problem of his own creation. Idea's

Basically The GM in questions got 8th level characters and thought it would be amusing to put A Deck of Many Things in A Dragons Horde figuring his Pcs wouldn't risk it, 1 did and his player drew The Moon Card, which gave him 1D4+1 Wish's and it ended up being 2 wish's but he choose to only use 1. PS I've now corrected a mistake in this post

He had his player wish for his character and the characters of the other 4 players to each be the heir of a 4,964 year old dynasty and between them their countries rule the entire world, so his 5 players are each playing the heir to the throne of a country that rules 20% of the world, which means that between them his players characters will 1 day control the entire world

Last edited:

JMISBEST

Explorer
It's amazing how many future kings come up in these campaigns due to completely random chance, despite how low the odds are that such a thing would ever happen.
Not random chance as such, The GM put A Deck of Many Cards in A Dragons Treasure Stash thinking the Pcs wouldn't dare use it, 1 did, he drew The Moon Card, it gave him 2, not 1 like I originally put wish's, he choose to only use 1 and I've described what he wished for. PS I've now corrected a few mistakes in this post

Last edited:

Audiomancer

Adventurer
One of my DMs created a similar situation for our group.

In a recent campaign, he made magic items fairly easy to purchase, so one of the players bought a Deck. This almost always had the effect of sidetracking the game whenever it was used: The character would suddenly go up multiple levels in the middle of combat… or summon a demon and make the combat harder… or gain a random magic item the DM had to roll for, or… (you get the picture)

At some point, he got himself killed by a Big Bad, and it fell to me (playing the Cleric) to raise him. Before I did, though, I searched his body for the Deck and stashed it in my Portable Hole (which the other player didn’t know I had).

Things went pretty smoothly for a while. Then, during a side quest, the DM let the other player buy FIVE more Decks… Luckily, we wrapped up the campaign a few sessions later.

Coda to this story: The DM has not learned his lesson. In the most recent session of our current campaign, he handed out the Eye AND Hand of Vecna as treasure. We haven’t divvied up the loot yet, and that one player is not playing in this campaign, but it will be interesting to see where this goes (for some value of “interesting”)…

Not random chance as such, The GM put A Deck of Many Cards in A Dragons Treasure Stash thinking the Pcs wouldn't dare use it, 1 did, he drew The Moon Card, it was him a wish and I've described what he wished for

I agree that it's not random chance. It's a commonly recurring theme in these stories.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases