D&D General A Mate put A Deck of Many Things in A Dragons Horde figuring his Pcs wouldn't risk it, 1 did and now his 5 players are all playing future kings

Steel_Wind

Legend
When you put a Deck of Many Things into your game, two things come to mind :

1. Chekhov's Gun is now in the scene, (and it looks like a pouch) ; and
2. That is a DM who wants to end a campaign and start a new one.

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
Wouldn't each kingdom want to recall their heir back to their kingdom to prevent all of them dying in a fireball? Then, all the PCs would default to NPCs under the DMs control.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
First off: the DM here is bad at math: as @jdrakeh points out, a result of 1 on d4+1 is theoretically impossible: the minimum should have been two Wishes.

Second off: the DM has very impressively, if completely unintentionally, set things up marvellously to (now or later) transition the game into a combination of Diplomacy and some sort of mass-battle or full-on wargame; in that there will soon be 5 players each ruling an empire of roughly equal strength, and nothing says those empires have to get along.

Third off: if instead the DM wants to corrupt this Wish even just a tiny bit, then those PCs' lives are about to become living hell due to all the responsibilities and duties they've just each picked up. Bye-bye field adventuring, hello dispute-settling, bean-counting, uncomfortable chairs, and meetings, meeting, meetings.

I love Decks! :)

Another mate of mine that GM's Dnd has got a problem of his own creation. Idea's

Basically The GM in questions got 8th level characters and thought it would be amusing to put A Deck of Many Things in A Dragons Horde figuring his Pcs wouldn't risk it, 1 did and his player drew The Moon Card, which gave him 1D4+1 Wish's and it ended up being 1 wish

He had his player wish for his character and the characters of the other 4 players to each be the heir of a 4,964 year old dynasty and between them their countries rule the entire world, so his 5 players are each playing the heir to the throne of a country that rules 20% of the world, which means that between them his players characters will 1 day control the entire world
Why would that wish be granted, why the specific number for the Dynasties.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
When you put a Deck of Many Things into your game, two things come to mind :

1. Chekhov's Gun is now in the scene, (and it looks like a pouch) ; and
2. That is a DM who wants to end a campaign and start a new one.
I'm suddenly reminded of the story of Vegan Steve and The Djinni of Jengai Fomogo:

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
So they are the heirs of these kingdoms......too bad that the current rulers are secretly demon lords and immortal unless killed. Lots of plot hooks to play with here.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Waste of a wish tbh. Could have gotten an airship with that. Instead they're tied to misery and politicing.

I give the kingdom 3 weeks before it collapses
Seriously. You couldn't run fast enough to give me that crown.

Wishes have a bad reputation with my gaming group. The players always wish for something so grandiose and overpowered that the DM has no choice but to Monkey's Paw it all to hell. There's never been an exception.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases