A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [02]

renau1g

First Post
Aodhán pulls out a pipe from his pack and keeps it in his mouth, but doesn't light it in the interior of the building. He slowly chews on the bone device as he listens to the man and waits for Tsadok to ask his questions.

[sblock=ooc]
He does have a point...Tsadok did try and grapple him ;)

sense motive (1d20+11=17) to see if he's being honest [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

The elf's head rises in surprise at this revelation. "An interesting opinion. I rather thought it was the other way around. Admittedly, those mists had me a bit addled, but I'm pretty sure that you started the fight. Now, as victors what would it profit us to lie? And in contravention of your suggestion we are curious to hear what you have to say and might even believe it, despite our feeling that you attacked us."

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 3

Houwlou silently congratulates himself, for neither the first nor the last time, surely, on his wisdom in teaming up with a Bard blessed with the gift of both a silver tongue and a seemingly endless supply of BS.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Level: Olcán Ranger3
   HP: 32/32     AC: 17   AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+04  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05

BAB: 03       CMB: +6     CMD: 17

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +6        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
  Dagger +1             +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +4        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  Longsword             +3        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin                 +4        1d6+3          20/x2     

*+7 & +6 TH if using these alone in primary hand
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mom, he's touching me! He started it! Did not!

[sblock=OOC]While Haidar was showing signs of becoming agitated, Tsadok definitely made the first aggressive move.[/sblock]

"Well, the mists don't have me confused. We were having a discussion about the state of affairs in my homeland, and this young fellow clapped a hand over my mouth and wrestled me to the ground! As to why you would lie . . . Why would you come into my home and attack me? I must confess I don't knownthe answers to either of these questions."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I might have a bit of clerification on this matter. I was never in the mists so I was never under the effect of the enchantment. I would have to wonder if Tsadok thought you were getting ready to cast a spell , so he errored on the side of caution whereupon you turned into a half leapord half human thing. does that shed any light on the matter?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I might have a bit of clarification on this matter. I was never in the mists so I was never under the effect of the enchantment. I would have to wonder if Tsadok thought you were getting ready to cast a spell , so he errored on the side of caution whereupon you turned into a half leopard half human thing. does that shed any light on the matter?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The beast somehow manages to look both haughty and dignified in spite of being trussed like a hog.

"His motivations are beyond my ability to determine, of course . . . I am no mind-reader! In fact, I am incapable of casting even the simplest of enchantments. Even if I were, it is beside the point. I had offered you no harm. His attack was unprovoked."

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 3

Houwlou is thoroughly exasperated with the old man and has grown weary of this pointless conversation. He makes ready to continue the group's exploration of this place. "Well, if you gents are quite ready.... I guess we'll have to just deal with the danger of leaving a formidable threat in our rear, unless you want to stay and babysit him Tsadok?"
[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Level: Olcán Ranger3
   HP: 32/32     AC: 17   AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+04  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05

BAB: 03       CMB: +6     CMD: 17

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +6        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
  Dagger +1             +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +4        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  Longsword             +3        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin                 +4        1d6+3          20/x2     

*+7 & +6 TH if using these alone in primary hand
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Aodhán casts a minor detection spell to see if the prisoner carries anything of magical nature.

[sblock=ooc]
Cast Detect Magic and investigate Haidar for emanations. THoughts are we take his weapons regardless of what we do with him as I don't want him being able to backstab us [/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

Tsadok has remained quiet, his head hung. Was all this a result of his poor judgement? Finally he brings his head up and looks at the man.

"You are a silver-tongued creature gifted with the art of debate. I believe not what you say. It is true I may have misjudged your intent but you drew blood first." Without giving the man time to answer, Tsadok looks at the others in the party and says, "Let's leave him as he is. I think we should move on through the mists. May I suggest we pass through, weapons holstered, one at a time so another is not close enough to attack.

Remove ads