• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A modest proposal

melkorspawn

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
Yes, Melkorspawn- the last campaign I ran I did just that. Why do you ask?

I was just wondering how it worked out...

I'm running two campaigns right now, and I'm considering having a quest where the characters in each campaign switch bodies with each other (one campaign is in Greyhawk, the other is in the Western Heartlands in FR), at first, as a curse, but then they can accomplish things that they couldn't beforehand.

I'm both excited about the idea, and somewhat wary, and I was curious as to other's experiences of it.

P.S. The same players are in both campaigns, but I don't think I'm going to port them into the character they play in the other campaign.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It worked out pretty damn well, but I DID have a good plot that I handled pretty well- they never saw the "railroad tracks" in the early days, and they were well off of them in the latter stages.

Just remember that you're taking control from your players in an unusual way- the subsequent adventures had better be some of your better stuff or the grumbling could start early.

melkorspawn

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
Just remember that you're taking control from your players in an unusual way- the subsequent adventures had better be some of your better stuff or the grumbling could start early.

I was picturing a cross between Tom Clancy and Day of the Tentacle. Geopolitical machinations lead to war across space-time. I'm even thinking about using my Heroes of Battle a bit. Not too much, because I know that my people would tire of all-out war, ala fighting in enormous armies, quickly, but we're going to at least have one or two big battles... unless they find a way to avert them. (and they're pretty resourceful, so they just might.)

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
melkorspawn said:
Just as a slightly off-topic curiousity: (Based on the train of thought between the Marvel Universe and the D&D Universe)

Have any of you DMs out there Portaled your party to a different campaign setting?

Yes, our party traveled to FR and Greyhawk from a custom world, using spelljamming and special portals.

Andargor

Remove ads