D&D 5E A Monster Making tool for 5e

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
It should run on xp, you just need the latest dotnet and c++ runtime. Unless you can't, then I can try lowering some of it.

If you don't mind and it's not too much trouble, that would be great. Unfortunately, .NET Framework 4.5 and above don't work on XP, and I get the error message, "DND_Monster.exe is not a valid Win32 application." :(

FallenWyvern

Villager
If you don't mind and it's not too much trouble, that would be great. Unfortunately, .NET Framework 4.5 and above don't work on XP, and I get the error message, "DND_Monster.exe is not a valid Win32 application." :(

So trying to bust it down to 3.5, but it lacks tasks which I use to save the creature to PNG. I'll keeping hammering at it, but it won't be a 'tonight' update (which is usually how I work when people suggest things or bring forward bugs).

I'm glad you like it. I'm always open to suggestions if you feel it can be improved or if you find a bug to squish. I had a lot of fun making it and I'll probably work on more tools in the future (Cease and Desists not withstanding).

I hate to say this, but... I couldn't find the value-add of the tool. I downloaded it to see if it would auto-compute CR based on the DMG rules, and even better would be if it could auto-compute CR for a given spell list (currently I just guesstimate). But it doesn't seem to be designed for that purpose at all.

So trying to bust it down to 3.5, but it lacks tasks which I use to save the creature to PNG. I'll keeping hammering at it, but it won't be a 'tonight' update (which is usually how I work when people suggest things or bring forward bugs).

Couldn't you just bust it down to .NET 4.0? That has Tasks, and it is possible to install .NET 4.0 on WinXP.

FallenWyvern

Villager
Couldn't you just bust it down to .NET 4.0? That has Tasks, and it is possible to install .NET 4.0 on WinXP.

Because I thought if XP couldn't do 4.0, it needed a variant of 3.x

So... I'll do that now!

Edit: Apparently, Async was also not available in 4.0, so... I need to work around all my beautifully (re: :):):):):):)) threaded code.

Last edited:

Remove ads