• I love 4e and I am not going back to 3.x

Votes: 113 47.9%
  • I love 4e but will still play 3.x

Votes: 47 19.9%
  • I like 4e but still love 3.x more

Votes: 19 8.1%
  • I dislike 4e and own the books, but have not played 4e yet

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • I dislike 4e but have not played or own the books.

Votes: 34 14.4%

kmdietri

Explorer
I couldn't choose what best fits me.

I dislike 4th Ed. own the books, and have played 4th Ed.

It seems like your presuming if you've played 4th ed you will like it.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Turanil said:
I should stop lurking and posting around. I hate 4e and thus should eventually avoid ENworld. I came here almost every day for years, but now it's finished. An era is gone, and I must leave with it. Maybe I should ask to be banned forever?

Please don't go!

Even if you hate 4e, there are still RPG general rules (pathfinder, true20, starwars etc), 3e rules, 3e houserules, plots and places, storyhour forum and lots of other places which I hope you could still enjoy.

Cheers

Dragonbait said:
I own 4E and love 4E, but I am happy to play 3.5E too.. I just won't GM it.

This.

I summarily ended my 3.5 campaign last session (the party had just finished a year-long adventure) and informed them I will be DM'ing 4th edition, starting in about a month (so that I can read and learn the rules)... One of my players volunteered to run a 3.75-homebrew with dashes of pathfinder and I will be playing on that game.

However, 3.5 had already turned too cumbersome for me to DM, and the promises of easier DMing have lured me to 4e.

Jaws

First Post
How about I don't have the books yet (blame Amazon), don't know if I love, like, neutral, or hate 4E and will be still playing 3.x.

j.

Treebore

First Post
Fifth Element said:
You are better than I am. I still have all of my old books from every edition in my closet, despite the fact that I will never, ever use 95% of them ever again. eBay beckons, but my packrat bloodline is too strong.

Thats what I used to think. I was wrong. :D

Banshee16

First Post
Treebore said:
Thats what I used to think. I was wrong. :D

Can you still get decent prices for 1E and 2E stuff? I've got boxes of it in the basement that I haven't used in 8 years. Some of it, like my Dark Sun collection, I don't want to get rid of partly out of nostalgia, and partly because I hope to eventually play it again. Others, I just haven't been bothered to make a list and post it somewhere for sale.

Banshee

Banshee16

First Post
Spinachcat said:
And kids, $70 is chump change. Lay off the twinkies and the soda for a month and buy the books. It will do good for your bookshelf and waistline.

Many here are not kids. $70 is not that much for many of us....but personally I don't exactly want to throw that money away either.

Besides which.....I'd suggest people vote with their wallets. I've spent a lot of money on the hobby over the years. WotC didn't impress me enough with their new product to get me to fork over money. So, given they're only producing 4E for the next several years, they lose a customer. I'm sure they don't care that much. If 4E is good enough, it won't matter to them that some of us no longer feel like being customers. And if 4E isn't good enough, then, well, "in the penalty box for you, WotC"! :)

It *is* a weird feeling though. I've been playing D&D since about 1987, and it's bizarre to no longer be looking forward to buying new D&D books.

Hopefully Paizo is successful enough at it to stick with Pathfinder for awhile.

Banshee

Spinachcat said:
And kids, $70 is chump change. Lay off the twinkies and the soda for a month and buy the books. It will do good for your bookshelf and waistline.

That is so arrogant I don't drink pop and sure as hell am not a kid and $70 is a big chunk of money for me. and I will not throw it away on what to me is a useless game. I don't use minis and do not like video games and 4e reeks of that to me at lest. To each his own .but My book self will never be corrupted by that game...you can keep it

Remove ads