• I love 4e and I am not going back to 3.x

Votes: 113 47.9%
  • I love 4e but will still play 3.x

Votes: 47 19.9%
  • I like 4e but still love 3.x more

Votes: 19 8.1%
  • I dislike 4e and own the books, but have not played 4e yet

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • I dislike 4e but have not played or own the books.

Votes: 34 14.4%

Najo

First Post
I was in a hurry this morning when I placed the poll, I am going to start it over with all of the questions that should be here. I apologize everyone, I didn't intended to do any leading.

Turanil

First Post
Hunter In Darkness said:
Spinachcat said:
And kids, $70 is chump change. Lay off the twinkies and the soda for a month and buy the books. It will do good for your bookshelf and waistline.
That is so arrogant I don't drink pop and sure as hell am not a kid and $70 is a big chunk of money for me. and I will not throw it away on what to me is a useless game. I don't use minis and do not like video games and 4e reeks of that to me at lest. To each his own .but My book self will never be corrupted by that game...you can keep it

I think 4e is indeed targeted at kids. People like us have nothing to do here. 4e is for kids. It's not an insult, it's what WotC wanted, as a company belonging to a toy-maker, they targeted toys customers: i.e. kids. When an ability affects all monsters (mind affecting powers against undead); when you nearly cannot die and there is no save-or-die rolls; when some monster have only 1 hp; think about it... It's mostly intended to please kids' sensibilities. These 4e developers obviously have children. You need to have children to know that when you offer them two identical toys (because you already know to be prudent), yet one of them will whine because her brother has got the red one and she wants it. If she had had the red however, she would want the blue one.

My hate of 4e is absurd. I don't hate action-joe toys, and don't use them. Why should I hate 4e? I am not the target customer base supposed to play with it. When I will have wrapped my old head around the idea this is a kids' game, and is therefore not for me, I won't have anymore hate with it. I guess that if those who strongly dislike 4e, think about it from that perspective, it will make sense.

Last edited:

Keith Robinson

Explorer
There's another option missing: I own the books and have played it, but I'll be sticking with 3.5 - which is where I'm presently at.

4ed is ok, but did not rock my socks. I'll play it again, probably at convensions, but will otherwise continue with my 3.5 campaign, which is likely to take another couple of years. After that, I'll probably stick with 3.5 again for the next campaign in all likelihood.

Remove ads