A New Kickstarter From Monte Cook Games!

Monte Cook Games has just launched another Kickstarter! This one's for the Into the Ninth World series of sourcebooks for Numenera, which includes Into the Night, Into the Deep, and Into the Outside - supplements covering outer space, under the sea, and interdimensional realms, respectively. The series was announced just last week at Gen Con.

Monte Cook Games has just launched another Kickstarter! This one's for the Into the Ninth World series of sourcebooks for Numenera, which includes Into the Night, Into the Deep, and Into the Outside - supplements covering outer space, under the sea, and interdimensional realms, respectively. The series was announced just last week at Gen Con.

7380d2cb4315f044189023f99b9f11a2_original.jpg

With previous successful Kickstarters for Numenera itself, The Strange, and No Thank You, Evil, Monte Cook Games is firmly up there in the top tier of roleplaying game Kickstarter success stories. This one seeks $20,000 (but will no doubt exceed that many times over).

Into the Night is a 160 page hardcover which "takes Numenera players and GMs beyond the grip of Earth's gravity, to locations pioneered by the previous worlds on the moon, elsewhere in the solar system, and in remote reaches of the galaxy." It's slated for release just next month - it's already done, pretty much!

Into the Deep
, in Spring 2016, delves into the oceans.

Into the Outside, Autumn 2016, is all about other dimensions and parallel universes. I'm betting this one's very Cordelly.

There's also a Numenera Artifact Deck, adding to the existing Creature and Cypher Decks.

Head on over here to check it out.

books.jpg

Dahak

Explorer
I backed at the $150 level, and it feels like a nice subscription. If a large scale kickstarter each year keeps the company that makes the game I actually play stay afloat and grow, I can more than live with this business model.

I do wish they'd drop Kickstarter exclusives though (except for maybe clothing, lifestyle gear, etc.). If it's a gaming product, it should be available at retail after release. I'm getting a map book and printed supplements as KS exclusives, but I'm just going to end up putting those away for safe keeping instead of using them.

Remove ads

Remove ads