A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Asterion knows that Kumar goes to sleep immediately after dinner, and that the dwarf is the one standing during the night, lashing those that fall asleep on their positions. The slave rowers are left alone and priority is given to the deck guarding, and possible hostile ships approach, hence there's always a couple of pirates near the ballista. As far as he can tell, it would be rather safe to move below deck. Chizz and the minotaur make a sketch of the ship's layout. Asterion notes a strange room, that has been locked since Kumar took control of the ship, and that once belong to his master Boulder.
[sblock=Map]
Top picture is the lowest part of the ship, bottom picture is the top of the ship. The remaining is self explanatory I think.
seacarpet.jpg
[/sblock]

Durlak

First Post
Maybe we could lock the crew door from the outside if nobody is looking. And I'm curious about that locked room. Maybe you, Chizz, can pick the lock. Or I can change my shape and take a look inside... But we must plan carefully if we are to success...

Taran then leaves the forge quitely thinking. He goes to a dark spot where he is unseen. There he change to the shape of a mouse and sneaks into the locked room.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"So moving at night will be the best for us. But to free the slave, we will either need to have the key of their chains or break the chains. The latest can be easily made by our blacksmith here, but is too noisy to me. But getting the key will be more tricky. Someone have a suggestion how to get it? Who have it?" ask Cliff.

"Next, for the ballista, people not affected to the slave freedom will need to get to the control of the ballista. It will be a dangerous part as you might need to do so while the reinforcement are not there yet to help you. But the more discreet we will be under deck, the less time the people will need to hold up on the deck."

On Puget Sound

First Post
Maybe someone with a friendly manner can find out who stands by the ballista at night, and make friends with him. Find out what kind of drink or food he likes. When we're ready, persuade him to leave his post just for a moment, to sneak a taste of what you found in the hold. It would take only a second or two to clip the cable, steal the bolts, or otherwise make the ballista useless.

Don't ask me to do it, though. People don't like me. Which is fine, because I don't like them.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Sandy bounces the idea around in his head, thinking of all possible angles, then nods to himself. "I believe I can be your faceman... er, Chizz, was it? I have a fair bit of experience dealing with the public from my days as a merchant." To accentuate the point, he pulled out a symbol of Waukeen and dangled it proudly in front of his own face. "Plus, I'm a hin... I'm categorically harmless. Or at least, that's what most Big People think, right?"

"If someone can accompany me to mid-deck where the rowers are, I suspect we could incapacitate the dwarf and free the slaves rather quickly. If someone can disable the ballista while I arm the slaves, I believe we could take over the ship in a matter of minutes. Afterwards, I want to take a look in that locked room."

Asterion puts his hammer down for a moment and begins to buckle the plates of his homemade armor so that it will be ready at any moment's notice. He rolls the bundle of weapons for the slaves into a tight package and looks at his new comrades.

"I want to go upstairs after dinner to confront the dwarf. Anyone with lockpicking skills can accompany me to help free the slaves. Otherwise, I may just have to break the chains. Once the slaves are free, we can force the crewmen to remain in their quarters and move up to the next deck. Is that an agreeable plan?"

Pyrex

First Post
Lochlan nods. "The dwarf and the captain are he primary targets. I will cover Cliff & Asterion. After the dwarf and captain have been subdued, I'll provide support as we move with the slaves to take the main deck."

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Remember that during nighttime the captain is in his quarters while the dwarf wanders around the ship. The group coud set a watcher, and when the dwarf goes below deck they could ambush him, or first free the slaves and then attempt to slay the dwarf on the main deck, although probably he'll alert the captain.

Remove ads