D&D 5E A Peek At Witchlight's WARDUKE!

We've known for a while that next month's Wild Beyond the Witchlight features a number of 80s D&D characters, including Warduke the evil fighter. We now have a clear view of what he looks like in his 5E incarnation! https://www.enworld.org/threads/two-new-d-d-books-revealed-feywild-strixhaven-mage-school.680500/...

We've known for a while that next month's Wild Beyond the Witchlight features a number of 80s D&D characters, including Warduke the evil fighter. We now have a clear view of what he looks like in his 5E incarnation!

5B8DD1D7-C8B2-4642-AF6F-81965656E1C8.jpeg

The kid is remarkably tame and innocent in dungeon crawling. For example: in the very first adventure, we came across a goblin guarding a door.

The solution: jumping over the guard to get to the door, since that's how Bilbo got past Gollum in the Rankin-Bass animated Hobbit movie.

We all draw from our experiences and consumed media to inform our choices while playing. It's not the kid's fault that their breadth of influences is not very wide yet.
That's so funny. I played my kid through his very first adventure while camping a few years ago--totally spontaneous, working from a vague memory of Tomb of Horrors, him playing a character we wrote up on a paper plate haha. Same thing--the first encounter, he came across a goblin fighting with a (bigger) orc over possession of a golden key that would open a door later in the adventure. Rather than jumping into the fray against both or at least waiting for one to kill the other, he jumped in to save the goblin, then as I role-played him, he became my kid's character's companion. In the final adventure, the goblin runs off, seemingly betraying my kid, but then returns in the knick of time with some fellow goblins to help win the day. In the end, my kid conquered the dungeon and got the treasure, but only took what he could carry and left his goblin friend to be the new "king of the goblins".

Flash forward to a few years later after he properly learned D&D 5e and I ran his same character through Tyranny of Dragons. When the forces of good marshaled at the Well of Dragons in the finale, my son's old goblin friend, who had over time become the ruler of a vast tribe of goblins, came to repay his debt to his old friend and fight side-by-side. My kid just about lost his mind. One of the great DMing moments of my gaming life :ROFLMAO:

Remove ads

Remove ads