• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Planescape question

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Soel said:
Haha. Be glad! Only direct one I can think of offhand is "the Blowfish," who eats proxies. Really! I forget which plane it resides...

That was a very fun section to read. Awnsheighlien have always seemed cool, and one on the planes lets you use it in your game without having to use the rest of Birthright (which can be rather heavy). The Blowfish resides on Gehenna, by the way.

In terms of other BR material on the planes, there was a mention in Tales from the Infinite Staircase that the party could encounter some orogs that were sent by The Gorgon. Also, Aebrynis had a mention in the section on Prime Worlds in the Planewalker's Handbook. And of course, the references to the Cerilian gods in the various Planes of supplements.

Graf

Explorer
Infernal Teddy said:
And the top three adventures?
I'm not a PS expert but people always mention Dead Gods and the Infinite Staircase.

I think it depends a bit on what kind of game you want to run though.

kuje31

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
Wasn't the Guide to the Elemental Planes released later than that?

There are six more sourcebooks for Planescape that came out after Faction War, at least under the Planescape title.

2629, Faction War
2630, Faces of Evil: The Fiends
2631, Dead Gods
2632, Tales From The Infinite Staircase
2633, A Guide to the Ethereal Plane
2634, The Inner Planes
2635, Monstrous Compendium 3

So no, Faction War wasn't the last printed Planescape sourcebook. :)

Psion

Adventurer
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
Except that they weren't released in numerical order.

Indeed. Faction war came out long after Dead Gods, for example. The PS products with a 1998 copyright date are:

A Guide to the Ethereal Plane (1998)
Faction War (1998)
Inner Planes, The (1998)
Monstrous Compendium Planescape Appendix III (1998)
Tales from the Infinite Staircase (1998)

If I could find the PSML archives (or dig up my old compressed email folders), I could probably give you a date within a week of when they all actually hit the street. Alas, that's downstairs ATM and my wireless network is not set up yet. ;)

Dakkareth

First Post
Graf said:
I'm not a PS expert but people always mention Dead Gods and the Infinite Staircase.

I've been reading through the various of parts of Tales otIS on and off for the last few days and there's a lot of really cool stuff in there. It makes me want to draw up some flowchart of time/events/motivations though, and where it takes place in planar cities it needs some fleshing out. With a bit of DM preparation it could probably be totally awesome.

glass

(he, him)
Shemeska said:
DVD wasn't a Planescape product, and was the equivalent of having Elminster(FR) being killed in a Dragonlance adventure by a 3rd level kobold wizard and expecting FR to reference that as canon.

The events of DVD have never been referenced since then by any 3e product, including material that covered Sigil (Planar Handbook) and which mentioned Faction War, but never mention DVD despite the carnage it would have caused.

Your complaint seems to be that the adventure was cannon, and to back this up you provide evidence that it wasn't cannon. I'm still not seeing what the problem was.

Yes, Die Vecna Die wrecked the multiverse. That was what it was designed to do, give DMs away for their existing campaigns to go out with a bang, in preparation for starting afresh with 3e. If you weren't interested in doing that, then it wasn't for you. That doen't make it bad.

EDIT: For instance, I'm not interested in a DVD of Aston V:Dlla's greatest goals (unless maybe they're goals conceded ;)). Doesn't mean it's a bad product for V:confused:lla fans.

glass.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads