• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
kruk is more likely going to find the toughest foe and at least stick to him like glue. He doesn't hit for much damage (now I'll do more with the axe :) ), but he can take multiple hits. Everytime the bad ones hit me is one less time that it hits anyone else. Kruk is the classic tank and all of his powers are geared for that roll.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Just a heads-up, I'm going on a little trip this weekend to visit an old buddy. I'll only be gone Fri-Sun, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to check in here. I should be back before renau1g, or at least shortly after him, so it shouldn't hold us up.

As for tactics, Raiyek is pretty tough as well. He doesn't have the hp Kruk has, but I believe he has the best overall defenses in the party. He'll be on the front lines by default.

In general, we do seem to be a very heavy melee group. Carolina and Georg are the only two with any sort of effective ranged attacks, and either can get up close if they want to. I think we did fairly well working together this time, other than the fact that we croweded up too much and didn't allow Georg to do really do his thing.

In the future, us melee types should avoid crowing up against every melee enemy. Try to leave a group that Georg can blast. In addition, I think Xoc and Grim should split up and team up with either Kruk and Raiyek. Doesn't have to be the same pairing each time, but here's my reasoning:
1) Flanking is great, so try to set yourselves up for it.
2) A Xoc-or-Grim with Kruk-or-Raiyek pairing is more durable - the defender can mark the target and hopefully keep it busy, so the non-defender is at less risk.

Of course, that's sort of a rule of thumb, so it won't always be appropriate. Sometimes it might be better for Kruk and Raiyek to keep two big baddies busy while everyone else takes down the little guys, or one defender goes solo keeping an enemy busy while everyone else takes down the other defender's target. Or a hundred other plans. ;)[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Obviously Georg is our best bet for minion clearing. Xoc is best situated to set up flanking via Opening Shove and might want to focus on that in the initial rounds (btw- a warlord without Knight's Move / Commander's Strike makes me /sadface. Nimble Footwork is almost as good though. :p). Grim has a big daily, (as you all just saw :p ), and can clear 2 adjacent minions/round if needed, but he's a bit of a glass cannon. Next level I'll probably pick up Imp Init for even more Glass Cannon action :p.[/sblock]

Last edited:

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, Tinwe, when I made this character I was really new to D&D so my selection of powers was...sub-par, at least. Once this adventure is over I'm likely going to retire Xoc and reroll another leader class - perhaps another Warlord or a Shaman. If I were to remake this character now, I'd definitely have Commander's Strike or Wolf Pack Tactics in my at-wills, and I'd probably ditch my current encounter power for Hammer Formation. But hey, live and learn, right?
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, Tinwe, when I made this character I was really new to D&D so my selection of powers was...sub-par, at least. Once this adventure is over I'm likely going to retire Xoc and reroll another leader class - perhaps another Warlord or a Shaman. If I were to remake this character now, I'd definitely have Commander's Strike or Wolf Pack Tactics in my at-wills, and I'd probably ditch my current encounter power for Hammer Formation. But hey, live and learn, right?
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc N3rday]
you are allowed to do a one-shot at changing skills, feats, powers, etc. I did it for Kruk to make him a more tank oriented fighter. I'm sure that you'll be able to make the changes to Xoc in order to make him more to your liking. I'd hate to see you lose all of your xp for this adventure.
[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
you are allowed to do a one-shot at changing skills, feats, powers, etc. I did it for Kruk to make him a more tank oriented fighter. I'm sure that you'll be able to make the changes to Xoc in order to make him more to your liking. I'd hate to see you lose all of your xp for this adventure.
True, but I'd like to remake the backstory and character concept as well - if the judges let me redo that stuff, great. If not, I'll likely retire and reroll. I like the character himself, but the backstory doesn't really match the character I play, and I'm still kind of experimenting with the whole RP thing, since I'm relatively new to it. We will see what happens! [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC All]
When you're ready to complete tactical discussions and jump into the sewers please let me know & I'll post an update.

[/sblock]

Remove ads