• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

dimsdale

First Post
Hearing Raiyek's warnings, Kruk carefully walks over the pipe (see rolls on previous post prior to Raiyek's last post) to try to get a closer look. On the other side of the pipe Kruk does his best to inspect the water.

[sblock=ooc]
roll perception check to get a closer look at what might be under the sewage= 1d20+3=13

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc: tactics]
one defender and one light source on each side of the pipe? What does everyone else think?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kruk's stats]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 2
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 42 (41)
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11-1=10
*AC =22
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 13 Will 13 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points:1
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
At will: Cleave, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Passing Attack
Daily Standard: Comeback Strike
Daily Minor: Unstopable
Free Action. (Deal an extra 1d8 thunder damage on a hit and push the target 1 square.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
As Kruk crosses the pipe you hear a laugh and the water explodes in a spray of sewage. Standing in the middle of the intersection is a large cube that's translucent and you see something floating inside the cube. Also, shambling up from the sewage is a decayed corpse staring at you with unmoving eyes, Finally, a shadow steps away from the wall to the western intersection and its whitened skin looks like that of a corpse in the Light.

The whitened creature says "Welcome, perhaps we can convince you to stay a while....a long while as it begins cackling

[sblock=OOC]
Note: Grim you're 5 feet off the ground, descending the ladder so please take that into account when you go. Man alive I love DM'ing 4e so far, it only takes a few minutes for each round update vs like 1/2 hour at least for my 3.5e game here...

Grim, kruk; raiyek; xoc; carolina; georg Init (1d20+5=15, 1d20+3=19, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+2=18, 1d20+7=17, 1d20+6=12)

Init:
Raiyek - 21
Kruk - 19
Xoc - 18
Carolina - 17
Grim - 15
Georg - 12
Enemies - 7
(Everyone get's to go first) Good rolls for you, rolled a 3 for them.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Already on guard after noticing the strange currents in the water, Raiyek charges towards the jelly-like cube as it rises out of the sewage. "By the Aegis of Palladys, this monstrosity must be destroyed." In the privacy of his head, the elf adds, And I pray it doesn't destroy me first. He makes a swing at the cube, but the filth covered floor denies him stable footing, robbing the strike of any strength.
[sblock=OOC]Move: to J3
Minor: Divine Challenge the gelatinous cube ... and pray to Palladys it doesn't eat me :-S
Standard: Holy Strike vs. cube: 1d20+7=10 vs. AC, 1d10+6=7 radiant damage. Yikes! I think IC is going to try to kill me...

Also, Religion check(s) to see if I know anything significant about the monsters. If only one check is needed, ignore the second two.
Wight: 1d20+6=23
Zombie: 1d20+6=13
Cube: 1d20+6=17
[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:7/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: available
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
As Raiyek's attacks on the cube, Kruk charges the nearest undead. He sets himself and swings his mighty axe.

[sblock=actiions]
movement: move to L9
minor: none
attack: tide of iron: 1d20+9 = 27
for 1d10+5 = 14

free action: Daily: use the thundering power of the axe: 1d8 = 7 points additional electrical damage

tide of iron moves the enemy to m8

Kruk marks the foe
[/sblock]

As Kruk hits, the axe strike unleashes a loud clap of thunder with a brilliant display of lightning. "Have a taste of my axe fiend!" Kruk screams as his axe strikes true. Power surges through his views and his armor color quckly changes from a polished jet black to flickering flames of fire.

[sblock=Kruk's stats]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 2
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 42 (41)
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11-1=10
*AC =22
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 13 Will 13 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points:1
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
At will: Cleave, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Passing Attack
Daily Standard: Comeback Strike
Daily Minor: Unstopable
Free Action. (Deal an extra 1d8 thunder damage on a hit and push the target 1 square.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

N3rday

First Post
Xoc springs to action instantly, rushing in after the Dwarf.

[sblock=OOC]

Xoc will take a double move action to move to M9 for flanking.

Move action: move two squares to E3 (to get running start), jump from E3 to H6, and then continue move action to M9 as normal. It should (if I counted right) put me right barely at M9 to flank with Kruk.
Jump Action (1d20+8=9)

Okay, so I rolled a natural 1 >_<. That means I land in F4. I'll try to move to G5...
Moving through difficult terrain (1d20+8=15)
Success!

And then try to climb out of the sewage to H6...
Athletics roll to climb out of sewage. (1d20+8=15)

edit: I don't have enough move actions to make it to M9, so I'll end my double move in J6 and engage the cube next turn.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk looks over his shoulder after his hit against the undead foe and states: "Ahhhhh, Xoc, together we will reek havoc on these fiends!" He turns to his foe with even more resolve than he had before, now that another of his group has joined him in his battle.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg looks shocked and intimidated by the sudden foes, his gaze travels between them and lingers on the large ooze. Beware that gelatinous cube, if it grabs you it can suck you in and start to digest you! It doesn't need eyes to find you either.

[sblock=OOC]Knowledge checks for Georg
Nature (ooze) 1d20+7=23
Religion (others) 1d20+4=6

Looks like I get name, keywords, type, and powers on the Cube
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Has anyone heard from Grim or Carolina?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Georg]
the two undead are different so they require different rolls
1 = zombie 2 = Whitey (1d2=1)
We'll say the 6 is for the zombie, you can roll another check for the white creature

p.s. don't forget your actions ;)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I sent a PM to Tinwe (he/she is online right now), but IG hasn't been around for a couple days now (3), so I'll use one of his at-wills for this first round. Same for Grim.

If no update by 4pm EST than I will move it along.
[/sblock]

Remove ads