• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A question about enchanting arrows and other oddness...

Torias Starym

First Post
OK, i'm the dimwit who first asked Arravis about reusable arrows. i didn't mean for it to get this far.
Now, here's the deal, i was trying to find a way to increase the number of phase arrows my arcane archer gets. he's an epic level character and even epic level arcane archers get 1 phase arrow per day.
i decided that i wanted to use the craft arms and armor feat to create arrows to this effect and i saw Brilliant Energy under the Ranged Weapons Special Abilities list. Voila! ... Now the argument is whether or not the shaft of the arrow is effected by the Brilliant energy... i say that the arrowhead is the only part that sheads light, but the whole arrow is considered Brilliant. Thus it can be shot through walls and other nonorganic matter.

i'm also the one who asked about reusable arrows, though i conceed that that is too powerful..

My question is this, Does the whole arrow become magical or just the arrowhead? Does it still bypass armor and nonorganic matter?

Arravis

First Post
I'd say the arrow does normal damage against armored opponents... but a Brilliant Energy arrow won't go through buildings, dungeon walls, etc...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
My question is this, Does the whole arrow become magical or just the arrowhead? Does it still bypass armor and nonorganic matter?

A brilliant energy sword is a bit like a lightsaber. It you throw it as someone, it will go right through them... until the hilt bounces off their chest. Great for armor penetration, but you can't throw it through a wall.

Brilliant Energy arrows are the same. You can shoot it into a person, but not through a wall.

-Hyp.

Zad

First Post
If you want more phase arrows, why not just create an epic level feat that gives you more phase arrows per day?

Darklone

I think this thread has HOUSERULES written somewhere?

Personally, I like that idea. Most archers have their favorite arrows.

Remove ads