• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A quick request to the YB players

MidKnight

First Post
I would really appreciate it if, when a fight is complete, the thread starter would change the thread title to reflect this. Traffic is starting to pick back up in here and sometimes it gets a little confusing looking through the threads to find the active fights.

Also, if the titles are kept current, it becomes a lot easier to notice when a judge needs to step in. Hopefully the new Judge Request Thread (located here) can help with that as well. :)

Thanks,
MidKnight

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
No problem!

It would be nice to see some more tournament days and epic background stories about YBland...

I only wish I had the time to devote to YB that I once had... :(

Rini

First Post
That's alright MK. With all the new blood and all the ones who used to be new growing more experienced (such as myself), all it would take is a little guidance to make this land full of more than just roving bands of mercenaries. Besides, we can forgive you for being busy, as we all are at some point. Any suggestions?

MidKnight

First Post
I was thinking along the lines of tournaments with a central theme - I personally would like to see a style match tourney. Or perhaps a G vs. E tourney.

As far as wide reaching storylines - the sky's pretty much the limit. If anyone has any ideas they should step forward.

Wicht

Hero
MidKnight said:
I only wish I had the time to devote to YB that I once had... :(

I know the feeling. The option of rotating Grand Master Judges is still open, though if no one else has any tournament ideas, I figure with the advent of fall, I will begin to have a little more time again. Maybe :)

z_mystic

First Post
MidKnight said:
Or perhaps a G vs. E tourney.
Let's hope this isn't a Light vs. Dark tourney, because the Light Pathers would get the beat down. ;)
And the time thing, heh. I'd have more time if I quit going to school again. eh heh. :rolleyes:

Rini

First Post
Sabaron's Touney of the Frog worked pretty well. A style match would be a good idea, but I agree with Z, Light would get a beatdown. We can't have class tourney's yet, altough we could have small ones like Sab's were organized. I don't have a very impressive dojo yet, and it seems like it's running non-profit at the moment so I can't really host a good one.

Wicht

Hero
Here is an idea for a tourney that can be set up by anyone, though if no one wants to do the work, I may have the time in about 2 weeks.

Each participant must contribute 1 yen to a pot. Any winnings from any of the fights in the tournaments go into the pot. The Pot is then split by the winner(s) of the tourney in a predetermined manner (according perhaps to points scored in the final fight). The tournament would only be open to certain tiers to make sure the playing field was reasonably level.

Remove ads