• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
As Ingot's enchanted blade slashes into the wraith it implodes into a mote of purplish light that streaks toward Veneficus, striking him square in the chest. The wizard stumbles at the impact but seems unhurt.

The room is quiet, the halfling appears subdued...

Dekana

Explorer
"Alright halfling! Drop your other weapons and whatever gold you have to the ground. For safety, of course! And what was that ritual?"

renau1g

First Post
The halfling drops a dagger it wears at its hip.

"What was that ritual? Why we were opening the seals of course" he says smugly

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot hurries over to Veneficus, pausing only briefly to make sure the others have the halfling in hand. "Sir! Sir, are you feeling all right? It appeared that something... entered you."

[sblock=ooc]Not sure what skill might be useful for trying to figure out what that was... but I'm hoping Arcana. ;) Arcana, Religion (1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=10)

Oh, also... Veneficus has the staff, right? Uh oh...[/sblock]
After the halfling speaks, Ingot turns back to face him. "Why were you opening the seals? What is behind them?"

nerdytenor

First Post
"You would be wise to answer my mechanical friend," Dorn says, doing his best to sound menacing. His voice sounds rather more refined and sensible than he would like, so the half-orc opens his hands, hoping that the crackling flame there will be suitably persuasive. (Intimidate 23).

renau1g

First Post
With Dorn's display of talent along with Crag and Ingot's menacing weapons, the halfling gulps loudly. "Fine, fine, the boss (indicating Ezren's corpse) said this place used to be a temple to Hekates, and that there's an altar in the other side he could use to summon some sorta creature from the Elemental Chaos that would help him take control of Daunton, he promised us each a cut" he says with a shrug.

duhexenhase

First Post
"Guys," Meepo said nervously, "wasn't that what happened last time. When you fought the dragon?" He walked over to the group huddling round the downed halfling. He walked to Jax and stood behind him. Stood, not hid. To Meepo, there was a big difference. "Not that I'm saying I don't want to fight a dragon, but... wait, what's that about a cut? There's some money here?" Meepo started to salivate. "I'll be able to make my sun gold!"

renau1g

First Post
Ingot hurries over to Veneficus, pausing only briefly to make sure the others have the halfling in hand. "Sir! Sir, are you feeling all right? It appeared that something... entered you."

"No, don't worry. I'm fine." Veneficus waves away the construct.

[sblock=Ingot]
You can't figure out what happened, but you can tell that the seals were written in Supernal, and that they appear to be some kind of warding effect.

It was Religion.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=what's next?]Short rest? Ingot's out of healing words, have you got some Meepo? Do we need to take more than one?

Still no sign of Kalidrev either right? :( It's really tough to write Crag out of this adventure, I think.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Next]
You can take a short rest here, nothing is coming from the next room.

I'll NPC Crag for the next encounter. It's way too hard to write him out (I can only use so many rockslide's right ;)). [/sblock]

Remove ads