A year in: PS4 vs XB1

Isiloki

First Post
Why dont you just buy a gaming PC?
It's the same price as a console and you have better everything but the comfort of your couch. (Even if technically, you can just use your TV as your screen and play from your living room.
Ofc if you think about having friend at home playing on new gen games together my point doesn't stand, but else it has everything you wish to have.

Mallus

Legend
Why dont you just buy a gaming PC?
It's the same price as a console and you have better everything but the comfort of your couch. (Even if technically, you can just use your TV as your screen and play from your living room.
I consider a cheap gaming PC hooked up to my TV. Briefly.

The thing is, it's not the same price as a console. I just paid $350 for a new PS4, and you can't assemble a comparable gaming PC for that price -- or if you could, it would be at a serious disadvantage when the next wave of AAA PC titles come around, because the typical PC gamer is an enthusiast, which keeps driving the median spec of a gaming PC higher. The $400 - $600 gaming PC bought today is going to be left in the dust fairly quickly.

The one big advantage consoles have is they provide a stable, not-rapidly-changing hardware platforms --with sizable user bases-- to develop for. Sure, you can buy a reasonably priced gaming PC right now, which can be kept reasonably current for several years, with better-to-much-better performance than a PS4 or Xbox One.

But you can't do it for $350.

Isiloki

First Post
Even if I agree that a PC still costs a bit more than consoles,I can't let you say it will be obsolete soon. I built my PC for 700$ in May 2012 we're 2 years and a half later and I still run Battlefield 4 in ultra. Pc gaming doesn't evolve much faster than console, it's just that editors like Ubisoft screw with the console to pc port for certain games (Yeah I'm looking at you AC : Unity and Watch Dogs) creating false feeling of an upgrade need.

That said, it's 10 times more fun to have friends at home playing Gran Turismo or Halo than having them on skype playing Counter strike. It really depends on what you gaming style is. But for anything FPS/reaction related, PC is the way to go.(Add to that the prices of games are not set by editors. Steam sales, humble bundle and CD KEY retailers are nice to have!)

Last edited:

Remove ads