Level Up (A5E) A5E.Tools - Some Dropdowns Are Too Long

i've noticed for a while that some of the dropdown headers on a5e.tools (namely sources, useful pages, and tools [EDIT: also the combat maneuvers and monsters submenus under rules]) extend all the way down to the bottom of the screen, even if i scroll down to let them take up as much of the screen as possible. today i wondered if they actually ended there, so i inspected element, and lo and behold, all of those headers had at least 1 option i physically could not access due to going off the screen. and i figure if i have this issue, i'm probably not the only one.

will the header dropdowns eventually get something like their own scrollbars to get around this?

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I see the same behavior. Those drop downs could probably be trimmed of excess white-space/padding, double columned, enable scrolling, or even just regrouped a little.

Fwiw, my clunky work-around for that particular issue is to change magnification:
(1) "zoom out" a couple steps (80% seems to be enough for all the cutoff menus & submenus on a5e, afaict?)​
(2) make selection on drop down​
(3) "zoom in" back to normal magnification.​
On desktop using Firefox on Win 10, to "zoom out" is CTRL - , and to "zoom in" is CTRL +
I think? that applies to most other browsers and desktop OSes; though I don't know about mobile devices.

Fwiw, my clunky work-around for that particular issue is to change magnification:
(1) "zoom out" a couple steps (80% seems to be enough for all the cutoff menus & submenus on a5e, afaict?)​
(2) make selection on drop down​
(3) "zoom in" back to normal magnification.​
On desktop using Firefox on Win 10, to "zoom out" is CTRL - , and to "zoom in" is CTRL +
I think? that applies to most other browsers and desktop OSes; though I don't know about mobile devices.
i just tried this on my laptop - i had to go out to 75% to see the dice roller under tools, but otherwise it works.

that's super janky, though.

Last edited:

Ferrousbones

Artificer
Yeah, it takes zooming out to reading 80% to get everything on screen.

If the spacing above and below the text were reduced by 50%, then everything should fit on-screen on desktop without adjusting zoom. The problem is that might make them too small/narrow for mobile.

Perhaps the categories can be further nested? Such as:
  • Sources could be Core, Setting, Adventures, and Other
  • Tools could be Random and Builders
I am not sure what the separations could be for Maneuvers and Monsters though.

Remove ads