D&D General aasimar and aging

esteban1997

Explorer
I would say so. A 50 year old Aasimar would look/be, visually, less "aged" than a corresponding Human. "Age," in this case, I am using to describe the weathering and decay of the body that leads to spots, wrinkles and medical issues. If you saw an Aasimar for the first time, you'd think they were a person in their early-ish adulthood, though they are actually 70 years old. People who know of Aasimar well would probably be able to guess their actual age reliably, now that their expectations are managed.

I'd like to apologize for my previous comment being unintelligible at the start, I badly combined two sentences.
its alright no worrys thanks ☺

jgsugden

Legend
so how would a middle aged aasimar look like?
That is up to the DM to decide as it is not explicitly stated.

From age of maturity, they could continue to age at the same rate as humans, but just continue to live for 60 to 80 years longer in a diminishing state (with giant ears and noses), or they could age at ~ 40% the rate a human does. The rules do not specify the rate, or condition, only the lifespan. I believe most DMs would go with the ~40% of the human aging solution, though. Under that, I'd go with: Aasimar visual age equivalent in human years = [(Aasimar Age - 20) * 0.4] + 20]

20 - Looks like a 20 year old human.
30 - Looks 24.
40 - Looks 28.
50 - Looks 32.
60 - Looks 36.
160 - Looks 76.
170 - Looks 80.
180 - Looks 84.

jasper

Rotten DM
Here is part of the max age chart I created for 5E
Race Adult Old Venerable
Aarakocra 3 25-30 31-35
Aasimar 18 155-160 160-175
Human 18 75-100 100-125
You could create an middle age column. One series I read, had Celtic people stop aging in looks around 35. But started fast aging a year or two before their death.

Remove ads