• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

about gestalt campaigns, power gaming or emphases on pc's abilities less on magicals?

Malum

First Post
My other post about Psions/ Elocaters sparked a question about campaigns with gestalt builds.

In these campaigns our gaming groups have gone Gestalt, it’s like a trend were going thru. The following are all gestalt campaigns started in the past 6 months, heavy hitting, high intensity lots of action sometimes w/ several combats in a days time; 1 campaign of Elite charisma followers serving a lordship, 1 lawful evil campaign where they are a lordship, 1 campaign of adventures “heroes for hire”. The other gaming groups in my area have several more gestalt campaigns that I do not participate.

Our core group tends to keep campaigns “magical lite” with emphases on the pc’s abilities, skills, attributes, spells and feats not that of the magicals, so it is to this extent that I enjoy our Gestalt builds and our gestalt campaigns, where the pc’s are truly outstanding.

Any of you running or playing in a gestalt campaign? If yes, I would be interested in seeing your builds thus far, just the basics, class selection etc.

The reason I ask is I have noticed in gestalt campaigns it has been very popular to pick a psionic class and of that the elocater seems to be very popular, and I know why, if its coupled w/ a martial class like fighter that gives it good all around saves, max bab, and 7/10 progression. Some players have picked /rogue/psion-elocater some monk like I was saying out of the 50 pc’s made in the past 6 months 15 have Psionics and 10 of those went with elocater

So my question is if you had the reins taken off and you had access to forgotten realms, faurun, core books, d20 all the quintessentials basically all the books, all legitimate classes & prcs, & you were to build a 10th level gestalt pc what would you build?

Malum

Jack Simth

First Post
Depends on my mood.

I might make a Psion|Rogue 5, Psion|Chameleon X. Do basically anything, be basically anybody, pretty much whenever I felt like it; especially if I don't know what the party composition will be (that build can fill basically any niche, other than the skill monkey - but with some work, can actually search and disable traps better than a straight rogue..... if he's focused on that for the day).

Edit: Oops - Disable Device not a class skill for Bards.....

Last edited:

Syntallah

First Post
We're currently in an Eberron campaign with the following:

Changling Cleric7 | Bard7
Shifter Ranger7 | Rogue5 / Weremaster1 / Reachrunner1
Kalashtar Soulknife7 | Fighter7
Warforged Fighter7 | Warmage 7
Dwarf Artificer7 | Rogue6 / Extreme Explorer1

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
I'm DMing a Gestalt game here on En-World that takes place in the Planescape setting, though we haven't gotten to any of the combat portions yet. Our party setup looks like this:

Favored Soul/Sorceror
Monk/Cleric using spontaneous spellcasting variant
Binder/Fighter
Shadowcaster/Rogue
Rocgue/Scout
and Rogue/Fighter/Monk 3/5/2

EvilGM

Explorer
So far, in the latest campaign I'm running...

Dwarf Ranger/Dragon Shaman
Human Barbarian/Dragon Shaman
Human Warlock/Dread Necromancer
Human Wizard/Artificer

There are still 5 more people making characters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads