D&D 5E About to Fill Out the Final Survey - Advocate Your Answers Here!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I am planning to fill out the last survey, and I was hoping people would advocate for their views on answers here. Want a change? Persuade me (and others) to answer the survey that way :)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Here's a list of things I have cared about in recent weeks.

1. supporting diversity of builds.
2. Clean up tool proficiencies, and give rogues a second background. More on returning the second background to rogues (instead of just more skills).
3. Limits on Cantrips (and possibly rethinking spellbooks).
4. Strengthening subclass choices (esp. for Paladin).
5. Attack Cantrips and Implements. More on Implements.
6. Give options for humans. More.
7. Keep world-specific races optional, but re-integrate gnomes, half-elves, and half-orcs into main list. Also, add playable humanoid monster races to the back of the MM.* (no real argument in either link; sorry)
8. Tidy up tripping and combat maneuvers, and tracking.

9. I'm also partial to many of Falling Icicle's proposed spells that need fixing.

Fight the good fight!

* [EDIT] In the previous Wandering Monsters article, James Wyatt asked about humanoid monsters, and suggested this list: "dwarves, elves, gnomes, half-elves, halflings, half-orcs, humans, orcs, goblinoids, kobolds, and gnolls". I'd add lizardfolk, but I'm actually pretty good with this as the playable races (with everything listed after humans at the back of the MM).

[EDIT 2] see post 14 for ideas on Rangers.

Last edited:

Salamandyr

Adventurer
Keep the human's +1 to every stat!

I swear I'm the only person who loves this, but it actually works very well in making humans the "flexible race".

Ebon Shar

Explorer
I asked for some consideration toward 1e/2e style multi-classing and alternate magic systems. I also added my hope that humans would be reworked.

Klaus

First Post
I'd suggest that Weaponmaster Fighter with the Archery combat style be permitted to use his Combat Superiority with ranged attacks.

While we're talking Weaponmaster: instead of the subclass knowing all maneuvers, I'd suggest the character pick three from a list of, say, 6 at the levels they'd gain maneuvers. That would allow for more variety and a closer analogy to the 4e Fighter.

Clerics should get Religion as a free skill. Ditto on Mages and Arcana.

Humans should be reworked, now that there is a skill system for them to access. +1 to all stats just feels wrong.

mattcolville

Adventurer

I swear I'm the only person who loves this, but it actually works very well in making humans the "flexible race".

When we played 5E a little while ago, the +1 to everything bonus meant most of my players made humans. For the first time. Since 1986. The party was mostly human.

Lose the human's +1 to every stat in trade for a feat!

Create a two-simultaneous class multi-classing style.

Show us more oaths/circles/arcane tradition ideas.

Provide a way to more flexibly choose skill proficiencies.

Provide more scaling spells.

gyor

Legend
Half Elves, Tieflings, Dragonborn, and Half Orcs need subraces. Qnd if Planetouched are thier own thing, then they should be in the PHB so as not to insult fans of the previous tiefling.

Remove ads