About using Traiblazer

dark_mage

First Post
Allright, so I ran the magic system throuh some of my players and they seemed interested in it. Thing is, I don't want to make changes in the base classes yet, but it seems to me the system was designed to work with the TB classes (and viceversa). I'm worried that by including the unified spell progression, including the bonus slots/ready spells gained by the different classes, I'll end up breaking the system/making them unbalanced compared to the other, unchanged clases. What do you reccommend? Should the USP be adopted only with the entire roster of TB classes?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
I think you're worrying about nothing. TB magic that "many spells" casters actually have fewer spells per day than SRD casters.

Example: The Sorcerer only gets up to the SRD spells per day by having Bonus Spell Slot as a class feature. Without that feature, he's on the same spell progression as the SRD Wizard. Which is a significant power-loss for that most-potent of arcane casters.
By the TB Class Rebalance table, he'd drop down to on-par with the Ranger.

The only class that will give you trouble, using the Unified Magic, is the Bard. They were always an odd duck.
Thankfully, few players actually want to play Bards.

Best of luck.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
I think you're worrying about nothing. TB magic that "many spells" casters actually have fewer spells per day than SRD casters.

Example: The Sorcerer only gets up to the SRD spells per day by having Bonus Spell Slot as a class feature. Without that feature, he's on the same spell progression as the SRD Wizard. Which is a significant power-loss for that most-potent of arcane casters.
By the TB Class Rebalance table, he'd drop down to on-par with the Ranger.

The only class that will give you trouble, using the Unified Magic, is the Bard. They were always an odd duck.
Thankfully, few players actually want to play Bards.

Best of luck.

Vespucci

First Post
If you're adopting the BMB, you're compelled to put the Paladin and Ranger on the Cleric and Druid spell list. From that, you'd need the Paladin class changes to preserve their distinctive class features (Bless Weapon & Holy Sword are now iconic). From there, I think it makes sense to avoid the double standard and adopt the whole of the Trailblazer classes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases