• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AC bug or missing feature?

Oompa

First Post
Hey all,

I have an question,

When i create a level 6 human fighter with only;

- one handed weapon spec
- combat superiority
- str 19, con 15, dex 14, int 9, wis 12, cha 10

And i choose the following equipment;

- Veterans Scale Armor (+2) (lvl 7, PHB)
- Heavy Throwing Shield (lvl 6, AV)

I get an total AC of 25;

- 10 base
- 3 half level
- 7 Scale armor
- 2 Scale enhancement from armor
- 4 from shield
- -2 correction for shield
- 1 Armor/ability i cannot find?

So the problem of the shield giving 4 AC is solved by the builder applying an -2 to the AC.... (Why it even calculates +4 is unclear) But the main problem lies in the 1 armor/ability bonus to AC i cannot seem to find :p

Am i missing somekind of errata? Am i growing old and senile? Or is this just a bug?

drackcove

Explorer
Its not exactly errata but kind of is. In the essentials books it adds a rule that automatically assumes all magic armor is masterwork. That would account for the +1.

Oompa

First Post
Its not exactly errata but kind of is. In the essentials books it adds a rule that automatically assumes all magic armor is masterwork. That would account for the +1.

So they figured out all PC's needed an AC-boost when starting to wear Magical Armor and give them a +1 to AC to compensate :p

:p Well at least i know i'm not going senile :p

Aulirophile

First Post
So they figured out all PC's needed an AC-boost when starting to wear Magical Armor and give them a +1 to AC to compensate :p

:p Well at least i know i'm not going senile :p
Actually was pretty clear when they put Masterwork armor in that all armor of the appropriate magical level was supposed to be Masterwork, but since it was optional in the CB people failed at it (I mean the whole thing was a scaling fix... if someone fixes something, and you don't apply the fix.... why?). Now they just make it automatic and they clarified it to stop people arguing about it (for those people who insist it was supposed to be "optional.")

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads