Kickstarter AcadeCon Kickstarter is live.

TheRpgAcademy

First Post
Hello everyone,
You may know my podcast, The RPG Academy, but you may not know that my podcast partner and I have started our own tabletop gaming convention called AcadeCon (as a play on Academy - don’t worry if you didn’t get that, no one does).

We had our first public event last year and used Kickstarter as our way to sell badges and solicit donations. We funded in just over 1 day and went on to hold an amazing event. So amazing that we decided to do it again - AND BIGGER!

This year we have rented out a much larger venue and have 500 badges for sale. If you are near to Dayton, Ohio or are willing to travel I hope you’ll give it a look. If not, we do have some digital rewards you can get by donating at certain levels. These include audio tracks from **Battle Bards**, PDF adventures from **Tabletop Terrors, City of Brass, Melvin Smif**, PDF’s of an in-development game from **Third Act Publishing** (Jim McClure of Talking Tabletop part of the One shot Podcast network) as well as a PDF copy of the **Godsfall wordbook** from Aram from the Godsfall podcast.

More than the cool stuff you can get for helping us out, I hope you’ll want to support us because this is just a couple people who love RPG’s and board games wanting to create something awesome.

The motto of our podcast is *if you’re having fun, you’re doing it right!* our show is about helping new people get into our hobby and maybe help some of the people already here have more fun.

AcadeCon is an extension of that. We just want a weekend of gaming. We’ve leveraged our podcast contacts to get an amazing list of special guests (especially for a show our size) who will be on site running and playing games.

- John Wick
- Keith Baker
- Rich Baker
- Kenneth Hite
- Will Hindmarch
- A.P. Klosky
- You Too Can Cthulhu gaming group
- DM Mitch & Chris from DM’s Block Podcast
- James & Kat from One Shot podcast and Campaign Podcast
- Jim McClure from Talking Tabletop Podcast
- Shane from Total Party Thrill Podcast
- Space Tavern Games
- Devon from Shark Bone Podcast
and more

I hope you'll check it out and come about and play games with us!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/therpgacademy/acadecon-2016-leveling-up

~Michael

Remove ads