Academy of Drell (d4/d6) filled!

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Personally I vote Zhure should let you keep it, providing that you supply all relevant rules (thus listing out the races and how the ecl works as per FRCG).

However seeing that this isn't a democracy, Zhure (kinda like Zuul) might just overrule me...

Edit to add; Hmmm, according to FRCG you should only be 3 HD... as you are 3rd level and Tiefling adds no HD (but it does add some spiffy stuff)

If you all need me to I'll post the Teifling as per FRCG, and the ECL stuff...

I think it is well done in here as I played a DwarvenTeifling Monk(crossbreed... the stat bonuses where moved and I had StoneCunning, but only Darkvision 30') in our last campaign, yeah always being a level behind stunk, but laughing at the cold/fire/electricity damage(first 5 points anyway)-Darkvision-and having a once a day save the bacon spell-like ability rocked... (I had animate chain-was a spiked chain weilding monk-like animate rope... the other Teifling had Spider Climb... our DM wanted a little diversity)

Anyway TTFN

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Bleh just noticed PHB races only and I made Keith a Tiefling is that acceptable or will I have to change him?

:(

I'm afraid I have to say "no" to a Tiefling. There are a number of reasons, some of them I can't disclose at this point (insert secret foreshadowing plot hook here). One reason is that I already told Dalamar "no" on the Blue. While I like Tieflings as a race and don't feel they're overpowered for their ECL, I want to keep it the book material I have to track down to what I actually have on hand, not just online.

evileeyore certainly makes some fine points about Tieflings being balanced and I agree they generally are, but not for the Drell campaign.

What I can suggest is a level of Sorcerer or Bard and take Endure Elements and just cast it every day. That invokes a certain amount of "dragon/outsider" blood in the character background without using the Tiefling. Cleric also for that matter, could do much the same thing and both would generate a lot of side benefits.

Sorry, and I hope that's fair,
Greg

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Thats what I am going for with Kith. Not that he's some strange crossbreed or anything, just the odd thing. He dislikes the Sun, seeing it as an enemy (hence the casting of Endure: Fire).

In fact I'll be adding to his background as time goes on (and I get more of a feel for the game world) and one thing is his family worships the Moon Goddess (Selune--Or whatever you say Zhure...). Thus Kith is so not a Pelorite (or whomever the Sun god is)... If he could learn Endure: Pelor he'd certainly try...

Zhure

First Post
evileeyore said:
Thats what I am going for with Kith. Not that he's some strange crossbreed or anything, just the odd thing. He dislikes the Sun, seeing it as an enemy (hence the casting of Endure: Fire).

In fact I'll be adding to his background as time goes on (and I get more of a feel for the game world) and one thing is his family worships the Moon Goddess (Selune--Or whatever you say Zhure...). Thus Kith is so not a Pelorite (or whomever the Sun god is)... If he could learn Endure: Pelor he'd certainly try...

Religion hasn't been covered in any detail yet. I avoided it since there aren't any clerics/paladins/rangers/druids/etc in the party.

Short version: The Empire has an undifferentiated monotheism, akin to The Great Spirit of the Americas or the Kami of Japan. There are many sub-spirits. Some maintain that these individual spirits are part of the whole, some maintain that they are completely disparate. (Neither stance is heretical.)

Clerics accept one spirit as their guide, which grants them two domains. Druids have their own spirit guide.

I hope that makes sense, not much time today. I'd be happy to elaborate further if necessary.
:)

Greg

Lichtenhart

First Post
Whoa, I was forced to go offline for a few days and i didn't imagine things would set up so fast.
Let me know if I can still join, otherwise good game and goodbye.

Remove ads