• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part I

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Holy...!

Surprised, but yet not surprised, Charlotte goes with the flow and lets Keith kiss her.

I didn't think that he would do that. I guess I underestimated him, and I won't do that again.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Charlotte just nods dumbly. "Ahuh. That... made things... much clearer..."

Snap out of it! Come one, Charlotte, get your act together. It was one kiss. Get over it! It wasn't as though he offered to marry you, or something... like he did...

But Keith is nothing like him. They are as different as two sides of a gold coin. Keith wouldn't backstab me, use me to get my father's land, and smile all the while. No, Keith has a sense of honor, something lost to gentlemen in this day and age.

Charlotte sits back in her chair. "Okay. I'm better now. That was definitely unexpected, Keith. Don't worry, though - I didn't mind. Not at all." She smiles at him lightly.

Tokiwong

First Post
She minded... why not tease... hmm no... no need...

"Well I thought that, that would get your attention..."

It got mine...

Keith gestures with his hands, "I think that is what Sildarin's psicrystal suspected... the glow of your fire... and how much i was attracted to it..."

Eloquent...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
That it would get my attention? Is that all? Is that all that was, was to simply get my attention?

"Oh, you definitely got my attention." Charlotte says, her voice regaining it's usual strength and firmness. "I think that you are probably right, about Sildarin's psicrystal."

Indeed, he was. But it goes the other way, too, dear friend... for different reasons, perhaps, but still, we are attracted to each other... you to my flame, and me to your calmness...

And if the psicrystal knew it, and you guessed that it knew it - then why the hell didn't you act on it earlier!

novyet

First Post
"Well I'm glad that at least someone else is starting studying about now. That party or whatever happened last night kept me up, so I went down to the cafeteria and convinced one of the cooks to make something, that was a BIG mistake!"

Hope I'm not disturbing him..

"It makes sense that kith was involved in that...I guess I'm still getting used to lots of noise and people, there isn't much of that in a small town."

Ack, maybe I'm talking to much...let's find out what he's doing..
Good Idea. Anya concurred.

"So Rallyn what are you studying? I guess I've never really gotten a chance to talk to you yet. I intend to rectify that problem with you and the others."

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn Loddry

Rallyn watches Keith go for broke with Charlotte and grins as he is apparently successful.

Well that was friendly. Karenia laughs.

Looking back to Ellie he goes on, "Oh this? I'm just trying to catch up. I pull double duty around here as a guard in Drell and a student so I'm often missing lectures working. I'm working on something in my minor."

Rallyn does his best to paraphrase his professor, "Apparently our own innate qualities determine our level of potential in each field. For example, my own physical health allows me to manipulate physical forces easier than say I handle more mental aspects like telepathy."

"Me being somewhat of a natural introvert, I decided to minor in telepathy to train myself to be more outgoing. But this, "force of personality stuff" is killing me. I think I'm so used to 'See Stump', 'Move Stump', that imagining the more abstract concepts is difficult for me."

"That make any sense at all? Maerath is better at this, I swear that one is like a sponge. He hears something once and he can not only repeat it back, but he can give you the 'why' of it as well."

"And he's one of the arcane students," Rallyn grins, "He's not even in our field. That one has read more books than I care to imagine."

Ahem. Rallyn? Shut up. You've got to give her a chance to talk too.

But you said I should be more talkative last time...

I'm the part of you that's best at this remember? Hush now.

Rallyn is quiet for moment and tries to size up Ellie's reaction, half to himself, half to her he mutters wryly, "Your psicrystal ever tell you to shut up?"

He grins and spreads his hands, resolving to not be so longwinded.

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
Arana Perivai (with Maerath)

OOC: Sorry for taking the liberties, polibrun; but as our DM commands, we will end up at the library. However, if would like to point out to you Zhure that the disparate posting rate is causing a lot of problems, without a few more ground rules about the passage of time. Maybe limits should be placed on how much time a character can have between posts, as to limit the actions and locations so that you don't need to make such directives in the future. Just a thought.

After their little match, along with a few bruises, a quick bite and two showers (separate, of course), Arana and Maerath arrive at the library. Arana chides, "Well, never again accuse me of irresponsibility, as I'm dropping you off where I found you...in the exact same spot for that matter." They head through the door.

"I see that there's quite a little gathering here. We seemed to have missed a great deal of action. And from the looks of everyone about, I dare say that the action revolves around those two over there." She gestures towards Keith and Charlotte.

OOC: Arana and Maerath reporting for duty.

poilbrun

Explorer
Maerath Iliandil

"Well, the action revolves around us as it did in the courtyard. Have you seen them fight. I wish I could do that. Some day I suppose... or rather hope. Talking about the courtyard, I'm still sorry for having begun to cast a spell. It's just that... well... we were in a fight, you hit me twice in a row, and I found myself back in my adventures with my brother, you know. 'First use your sword,' he would tell me, 'then if you see you're losing the fight, use that magic of yours'. And here I was, fighting with you, when you hit me on the head... I don't know, it must have become a reflex. But don't worry, I was only going to charm you. I wonder if I shouldn't have done it anyway! Let's be a bit more silent now, I suppose it wouldn't do to chat in a place of knowledge like this library. If you don't mind, I'm going to fetch the book I was reading this morning and settle on the table there... Feel free to join me if you wish."

Remove ads