• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part I

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Damn it, he's toying with me now... I saw that smile. Well, let's see how he likes this...

Charlotte jumps to her feet, and charges at Keith. At the last minute, she dives into a roll, hoping to drop him off his feet and make him fall prone.

I hope this works... and that his rapier is out of the way...

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith watches her movements...

She is good but telegraphs her movements... just a little too soon...

He leaps upinto the air into beautiful arcing flip and lands into a roll and comes to his feet... standing in the same stance he was when he started the spar... his blade pointed downward...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Too soon, too soon. Gotta watch that. I'm not nimble enough to play mind games. I must get into close quarters, even if it means it will end the same way as last time...

Charlotte growls at Keith, braces her rapier against her shoulder, and charges at him.

Remember what happened last time, Charlotte... don't let it happen again...

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith braces himself and then lashes forward parrying her charge taking a step back and engaging in close combat... parrying her attacks... keeping some distance but just close enough for her to see the calm in his eyes...

Thats it... stoke the fire... you want to win...

He continues to fight defensively... parrying and dodging with each motion...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
He's stronger than me, I know that from last time. As long as I keep coming at him offensively, he'll just keep on parrying.

And look at his eyes - look! Calm as a sea with no breeze. Frightening. That a man could be that unemotional during a fight... it's the passion for the fight that drives me... what is it that drives him?

Oh, yes, I remember now... the moment between life and death, when reality can be altered with a single blade and a single stroke... perhaps I can use that bit of information...

Charlotte continues to press on, hoping to overcome Keith's blade by sheer determination alone.

"You can't keep this up forever!"

...but I can't, either...

Zhure

First Post
OOC: Hurry up and get to the dang library so we can begin the action :eek:)

The next scene should be posted in about 8 hours, as I haven't slept yet
OOC:

Tokiwong

First Post
Wait... patient... hmmm now...

Keith dips left and feints high... and then brings the blade down low...

I wonder how she shall handle this...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Well - I suppose... time to throw a lockpick in the wagon wheel, and end this...

Charlotte brings her rapier down, and throws both weapons out wide. She gets very close to Keith, and looks up at him, both eyes focused on him.

"Kiss me, you fool."

With that, and taking control of the moment of surprise, Charlotte brings her weapon in quickly to rest upon Keith's shoulder.

"Point."

Charlotte smiles at him, then starts heading towards the library, sheathing her rapier as she goes.

Tokiwong

First Post
Kiss me... that well surprised... me...

Keith looks dumbfounded for a few moments... and stands still even as Charlotte walks away... a glimmer of a smile comes to his lips as he sheathes his blades... and then follows her to the library...

She beat me... as I suspected... I must not put anything past her... and why can't I stop smiling...

Dalamar

Adventurer
Maybe I should just go back reading that book... she's not getting back anytime soon.
Wussy!
Just stop it already! I've had enough of your babbling for today!
That's the spirit! Why didn't you keep up something like that when you were talking to Charlotte? I bet she would still be here if you even tried to act as the alpha male.
You stop it or I'll create a sling from thin air and use it to get rid of you!
Okay, okay... chill down, it's me, Slith.
Unfortunately...

Sildarin moves away from the stairs and heads for the library, intending to find some other book about speed.

OoC: Zhure, you didn't answer me when I asked if we were allowed to create our own powers.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads