• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part I

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Charlotte turns, and a look of annoyance and surprise crosses her face.

What... the hell... is going on.

"And how do you propose that they're going to do that?" Charlotte asks him, annoyed that he won't look her in the face when she's talking to him. "Mine can only speak to me. You are not that much more experienced in psionics than I - how could yours speak with someone other than you?"

Tokiwong

First Post
I missed a perfect opportunity to really get to know her... and now.. I feel... well sad... though I probably do not look it...

Keith walks on the far side of the courtyard where the students spar... deep in though as he makes his way to the library...

Dalamar

Adventurer
She sounds so angry, maybe I should just sneak away?
Oh no you don't! Finish what you started!
Oh, well...

"I asked that too... he says that... I could act... as his mouth... you would act as your psicrystal's mouth."
He looks up at Charlotte's face and, seeing the look there, quickly lowers his gaze again, unknowingly making things just worse.
"It... wasn't not... my idea... truely..."
Nervous, Sildarin starts to mix words and forgets how to make proper sentences.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Charlotte returns to watching the students who are sparring, and as she does, she catches a glimpse of Keith.

She turns quickly to Sildarin. "I'm sorry, but, can you just... hold that thought."

Run, run! Before you lose him!

Without waiting for any indication of agreement from Sildarin, Charlotte runs across the sparring courtyard, tumbling through those practicing with the quarterstaves and narrowly avoiding getting hit a few times, and runs up to meet with Keith.

"Hey there, Keith," She says, attempting to recover her breath and hoping to surprise him. "I thought you were in the library. How'd you get out here in the courtyard?"

Tokiwong

First Post
What!!

Keith turns, "Charlotte... I was just at your room... but I must have missed you. Are you trying to find another sparring partner?"

Relax... she did come at a rush though it seems...

"Everything alright?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"You were just at my room? I left there a few minutes ago, thinking you weren't going to come. I was on my way to the library, when Sildarin came up..."

Charlotte laughs.

"That's almost funny. We were both headed to the same place. If I hadn't been interrupted, we would have met back at the library."

Charlotte pauses, still trying to recover her breath.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine. I only am out of breath from trying to dodge those quarterstaves." She winks at him. "And if you want to spar, then hey, I'm game." She unsheathes her rapier. "I was looking for Kith earlier to teach him a lesson, but we can see if I learned anything from our duel earlier." She says, and gets into a sparring stance, her rapier pointed down and her right hand upon her hip.

"Shall we?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
Sildarins shoulders lump, if possible, even lower.
Now I made her run away... I really can't talk to a girl...
Bah! You're just nervous on your first date.
Date! What are you talking about? You just wanted to talk with her psicrystal!
And then you had some wonderful idea you don't want to share and almost ran to her. You trying to tell me you're NOT trying to hit on her?
Of course I'm not trying to hit on her, she's a human and I'm an elf. Believe me, it wouldn't work.
How can you tell?
I have that feeling in the bottom of my stomach.
You're just hungry because you didn't eat properly. Now you straighten those shoulders and wait for her to come back. You're giving away a bad impression of me when you look so miserable.
Hey! Who's the boss in here?
You still haven't learned it, have you...

His face has a look of anger as he argues with his psicrystal, but it quickly turns back to his normal mask of nothingness.

Tokiwong

First Post
She wishes another go...

Keith removes his jacket... "What about Sildarin?" as he gently removes his rapier...

Must not get over confident... she is like fire... chaotic... expect anything...

He lowers his blade... and holds it still... standing ina loose stance...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Indeed, what about him?

"Don't worry about him. He was asking about some absurb thing, something about his psicrystal wanting to talk to mine." She shrugs.

Even as she shrugs, she is in a roll, straight towards Keith. At the last minute, she veers to his right, and slices out with her rapier in his general direction.

Let's go. I can beat him, this time around. I know his strategy this time.

Tokiwong

First Post
She will not give up...

Keith steps back... and ducks... staying loose like water... and flows into a roll to his side... playing a defensive game... a slight smile on his lips...

Lets see how aggressive she can be...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads