• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part I

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Charlotte enters the library, her smile still playing upon her lips. She seats herself at an unoccupied table, and waits for Keith to come in and take a seat at her table.

That was exactly the reaction I was expecting. I bet he won't let me use that one again, though - the same way I won't be able to knee him again. It was fun, though.

Tokiwong

First Post
Never again... no matter how plesant the thought...

Keith slips into the open chair across from Charlotte... "Tied... very... nice tactic..."

Keith relaxes somewhat, "That was definitely a moment... you surprised me there..."

Surprise... shock... and well... something else...

"I feel sorry for Kith... he won't know what hit him..."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Maybe I should, now that I teased him with it... no, I don't want to mess the poor guy up. He seems pretty shaken already. Maybe, though... it is a thought...

Charlotte keeps smiling at him. "I agree - it was a very nice tactic. Another 'one-use only' thing, but very unique, you must admit."

She giggles slightly. "That was the plan - to surprise you. And, it worked."

She outright laughs when he says he feels sorry for Kith. "Did that mess with you that much? I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to... honest..."

I'm full of it and he knows it, I full well meant to mess with his head. Hmm, I wonder what it would be like to kiss an elf... never had the opportunity before... never wanted the opportunity before, I gues... things are different with this one, though...

"...but trust me, I was being nice. I could've done something else. Like knee you again. Or kick you. Or disarm you. But, no - I decided to tease you." She giggles again. "It seems to me to be more entertaining to tease you than to be dead serious with you."

Tokiwong

First Post
She is teasing me even more...

"Oh think nothing of it... surprise is good it keeps on on their toes..." Keith taps his finger lightly on the table.

Hmm... is she baiting me...

Keith takes a gander into Charlotte's eyes, "So what did you want to talk about earlier?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Charlotte smiles, although it appears that she is done giggling.

Gods, I sounded like a little school girl there for a second... I won't do that again... that was frightening, I was scaring myself!

"And keeping you on your toes, is probably my job now. You're too calm, too..." Charlotte pauses, looking for the right word. "Well, I don't mean to be rude when I say it, but you're too unemotional. When I met you this morning, you were completely calm and nothing showed through. Now, look - I've changed you. Now you look like anybody else, smiling, even laughing at times."

Charlotte considers what she wants to talk about. "Well... hmm... get ready for me to be blunt, here. We met each other - what, less than 6 hours ago? Even so, in that time we have found ourselves to be incredibly similar. Our love of the rapier... our past... and then, when we are not the same, we complement each other... you and your calmness, me and my chaos..."

Charlotte pauses for effect, and her voice becomes little more than a whisper.

"...you being a guy... me being a girl..."

Tokiwong

First Post
Me being an elf... and you being... a human...

Keith pauses and thinks... then whispers... "I think I understand what you are trying to say..."

I think...

Keith places a hand on her calmly, "There are times when being calm... allows one to see things clearly... instead of passing over the little joys that life provides... a tragedy..."

Hmmm... steady...

"That almost happened to myself... till you stuck your knee in my stomach..."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
LOOK! Charlotte is making propositions to Keith!
I'm not interested!
Yes you are, you just haven't fully realized it yet.
Knock it off...
I think they're going to do it tonight.

"Stop... it!"

Sildarin loses control of himself for a moment and speaks out loud. He quickly moves deeper between the shelves he is searching for any interesting books.

Now look what you did, I got some unwanted attention for the Great Spirit knows how manieth time!
But you didn't turn all red at the first second. You're getting better at this.
Bah!

He reads the spines of the books ,trying to find anything on speed increasing. He only comes across books depicting telepathy, precognition, evocation (What's that doing in the psionics part of the library?) and psychometabolism.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Oh, that's right - I forgot to mention that he's an elf and I'm a human. Not like that's a bad thing. Err... I don't think it is. Would it?

Am I really understanding what he just said? I don't get it... argh, men... always so difficult...

Charlotte's voice starts to shake a little, although it remains a whisper.

"Keith, for once I am not understanding you. All I'm getting here is that me kneeing your stomach somehow made you see the little joys in life rather than passing them over."

For once, when I say something important, and a guy says something that sounds important back, why can't I figure it out!

Tokiwong

First Post
I knew I would mess it up... think fast... something... wait calm down... no... hmmm...

"I mean..."

Kiss me you fool...

Keith leans forward...

maybe this will help her understand...

Keith just goes for the blunt apporach and kisses her...

Why didn't I do this sooner?

Remove ads