• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part I

novyet

First Post
Ellie's finally awake

Ugh, whatever the cooks made last night I swear I'm never eating that stuff again. Ellie gets up a little shakily and looks out the nearest window. "Ahh! It's midway through the day! I've got to study!" Ellie hurriedly gets dressed properly and runs down the halls to the library.

Panting Ellie reaches the library and heads over to psionic studies section and withdraws a couple of books on telepathy and empathy and quickly begins to study them.

"Ellie, there are a few people in here, why not go say hello to them?" Anya whispered in her mind. "I would, but I have to study right now, because someone let me sleep half the day away remember?" Ellie thought back. "You needed your sleep, and besides I knew you were sick from whatever that gods awful food was.

It's going to be one of those days I guess

[OOC[ Sorry for the delays, I've had some board issues, and ISP issues this weekend.
OOC:
OOC:

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
Arana Perivai

"Great! Let's go. I spotted some padded quarterstaves in the training room. Let's use those, sparring with live steel is a dangerous affair at best, even for the skilled, and outright foolhardy for those with limited skills." She winks and begins to walk towards the training room.

After gathering the quarterstaves, Arana begins to look about this way and that. "Now all we need is a suitable location. Let's see...I got it! I'll let you have the advantage. We'll use the courtyard just outside the library. Knowing you, you must know every stone and shrub in that place." Maerath and Arana head off to the courtyard to square off against one another.

At the courtyard, amidst the serene trees and pond, two trainees stand thirty feet apart. They gaze intensely at one another to penetrate the defenses each one has established with the simple padded quarterstaves in their respective hands. The girl yells out, "Ready or not, here I come!"

Meanwhile, a white-and-orange kitty naps on a brick wall nearby.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn Loddry

Rallyn watches first Charlotte, then Maerath, and Arana leave.

Given Charlotte's flushed face, whispering and note passing along with Keith's swagger this morning, I'd wager Da's best ox that he'll be leaving soon in a moment. At last some peace an---

Ellie bursts into the library looking somewhat disheveled and hurried. As her steps slow under the Blue's shush, Rallyn gives the lass a reassuring smile and waves her over to study.

At least I'm not the only straggler behind this morning--er, afternoon. Maerath's gone, so no chance to pick his brain for a little help, maybe a little review with Ellie will help both of us catch up a little.

Poor lass looks flustered. And a little green at that... Karenia comments telepathically.

novyet

First Post
"Ellie, Rallyn is motioning for you to come over there with him, I think he wants to study with you. It's always a good idea to socialize and he's also skilled in the mental arts so how can you go wrong? " Anya whispered to ellie's mind. "Hey yeah, that's a great idea!" Ellie said. Ahh! That was out loud...hope no one heard that..

Ellie gathered up the books she had grabbed and walked (somewhat steadier now) over to Rallyn's table.

"Um...good afternoon, Rallyn, catching up on your studies as well?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Perhaps a shower is in order.

Charlotte looks out her window, attempting to tell the time. Not seeing the sun, and knowing that she hasn't eaten lunch, she assumes that it's a little after noon.

"Hmm... a shower, and then down to the cafeteria for a bite to eat. Then I'll go to the courtyard and see if anyone wants to spar with me."

Charlotte showers, washes her clothes, dries them as best she can, and puts them back on.

I hate wet clothes. Maybe I can use my talent to help dry them off...

Charlotte manifests Finger of Fire to dry off her clothing.

That's better.

Charlotte then collects her shield from it's place next to her door, and her armor at the foot of her bed. She slowly and meticulously dons the armor.

"I hate the restrictions of this stuff. It's for the best, though - after all, I'm not the most nimble girl around."

Perhaps... ditch it anyway...

Charlotte removes her armor, and slings her shield on her back.

"Heavy, yes, but I suppose I can afford to carry something with me. If I'm going to spar again, I would like to be ready for a few different scenarios."

With that, Charlotte heads down to the cafeteria.

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn Loddry

Rallyn motions to barely 2 paragraphs written of notes on his otherwise blank notebook and to the stack of books next to him.

"The Great Spirit conspires to keep me from my studies today. I only began a bit before you came in. Keith and the noblewoman--have you met Charlotte yet?--have been putting on a light show this morning with everything from live steel to coy looks. Poor Sildarin got caught in the middle of it over there and still doesn't look to have recovered his composure."

Rallyn smiles and motions her towards a chair opposite him and the books, he's got five textbooks assembled on the table and three more in his chair propping him up. He gives a good-natured, put-upon expression and points Kith out.

"And KithKalin--- well, Kith is Kith. I swear, he didn't go home for break just so I'd have to work double shift. He's never the trouble maker, but he gets the parties started and there's always one or two who don't know their limits. He's trying to chase down his ferret who's name I can't remember..." Rallyn grins over Kith.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'M BORED!
Again? What do you want to do this time? Maybe I should just throw you out of the window, that would give you something to do?
I'm not that desperate to get excercise, so don't. I would just like to get to know that other psicrystal.
Charlotte's? But, as you said yourself, you can only talk to me. How would you communicate with him or her?
You can talk, I've seen you doing it.
You're not saying that I should go to talk to her, are you?
You're real smart when you just want.
But I start stammering whenever I try to speak to anybody, even if it is because you want to talk to somebody.
Just repeat excactly what I say and you'll do just fine.
The problem, I don't know if I can trust you not to make me look stupid.
Don't worry about it. Besides, why would I do that? What would be the worts to happen? She would laugh at you and you wouldn't propably go within 60ft. of her after that.
Excactly.
Oh...

Sildarin thinks for a moment, forgetting the book he was reading. He stretches his arms and legs and then rises from the table.
Maybe I can afford to go talk to her, it's just you who's going to be embarrassed.
I don't like the sound of that...
You wanted to go talk to her, didn't you?
To her psicrystal, not her!
She doesn't know that...
What are you upto this time?
You'll see...

He leaves the table and walks to the door but comes back and places the book back to where it was. He then checks his armor and makes sure Slith is secured in place in a secret pocket.
As ready as he will get, Sildarin leaves the library and moves to the yard.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Perhaps I should go...

Keith heads up to Charlotte's room just as she left for the cafeteria missing her by only moments...

Perhaps i came too late? I had wanted to talk to her too...

Keith waits a for a moment.... and then scribbles a quick note and slides it under her door...

I stopped by, but you were out... be in the Library if you want to talk some more...

-Keith

Keith then heads back to the Library somewhat dissapointed...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Charlotte enters the cafeteria, picks up a green apple, and heads to the courtyard.

She watches for a few moments, then shakes her head.

"Quarterstaves... and padded, too... what a useless weapon, when compared to the rapier," She says, holding hers up, "but then again, no weapon can compare to the rapier."

Charlotte munches at her apple, standing in the archway to the courtyard, observing those that are sparring. Eventually she starts calling out advice to them.

"Ooh, watch the other end! Oh, too late... careful, careful, tumble out of the way! No, not that way! That had to hurt!"

Charlotte laughs lightly at herself, despite seeing that those sparring do not think her a single bit amusing. She stops making fun of them, though, and just stands and watches, chuckling more than a few times.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Sildarin exits the library and spot Charlotte wathcing two other people fighting with padded staves.
I would rather fight with my bare hands than try to use one of those dreaded sticks.
Me too!
Like you're ever going to fight.

He then moves to Charlotte. Reaching her, he puts his hands behind his back and starts to rock lightly on his heels.
"Um... excuse me... you're Charlotte, right... uh... my psicrystal... you remember how I showed him?... he would like... to talk with yours... if that's okay?"
Sildarin reflexively lowers his gaze to the ground, not daring to look Charlotte in the eyes.

Last edited:

Remove ads